MS - info inquiry - RR 3.5 flapper

Belgian_Dude

Hi guys,

It's settled - I want to megasquirt my V8!

Why?

-economy

-reliability

-power

-possibility to upgrade engine

-fun / challenge of the build

Right now, I've got me an extremely reliable (laugh all you want, it is what it is) Flapper 3.5 EFI in a 1989 Classic. Won't ever let me down, as long as I keep out of 10+cm puddles of water (5 if at speed).

I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject, and will keep doing so - I don't expect all on a silver platter.

There are however a couple of things I can't seem to find ...

1) I run mostly on LPG (all year long here in Belgium), basically only running on petrol for 3 weeks per year. So, I'd like to take the opportunity MS offers to switch tables, have properly set up ignition on both petrol and LPG (it's not too far off now, as timing gets advanced by a little magic box, but the distributor's curve is still inherently off for LPG from what I read)

I was thinking to go for LPI, ie inject the LPG, so I (MS) can also control the amount squirted in versus the current oh so very 1990's adjuster screw.

But how can I physically fit both petrol and LPG injectors? Does anyone have any pictures to illustrate?

2) (this is a bonus question and not at all important, but couldn't refrain from asking): who's got some "pub" rolling road printouts of a 3.5 "before and after" :ph34r: ?

I'll keep updating this one thread, as I'm sure more and more questions will arise, as more and more get answered by basically working my way reading through http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm and http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=46547

Oh, might not be important at this stage, but I intend MS1'n'Edis (MS1, Extra firmware, switchable tables, Edis ignition)

Thanks guys,

Quentin

1) But how can I physically fit both petrol and LPG injectors? Does anyone have any pictures to illustrate?

Well, it's a bit down to your own stylistic interpretation, there's a number of ways to mount a second set of injectors. Have a google search for how people mount NOS or staged injector setups. You can even buy drill bits which make a hole that is the exact shape for an injector. There are quite a few links from the MegaSquirt forums for people making their own injection / TBI setups.

Starter for 10:

hart_v10.JPG

• 7 months later...

Hello Quentin,

Might be a little late but this what i'm building right now, the photos are a bit dark, sorry for that happy.gif

They are 3 ohm Valtek injectors with a Tomasetto vaporizor (not vacuum but dampgas) special lpg hoses and nozzles with a calibrated hole in it . I've drilled holes in the inlet manifold nearby the petrol injectors.

Dont know if the vaporizer is up to this job, its suitable for a V8 with maximum of 100 kW. However i dont rev it up that much cause i'm driving a autobox.

I have it connected to the megasquirt but it will be the last thing for me to tune, first petrol and ignition.

By the way Mine is running now smile.gif

Frederik.

post-9183-127263314928_thumb.jpg

post-9183-127263316254_thumb.jpg

post-9183-127263317725_thumb.jpg

post-9183-127263319164_thumb.jpg

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the pics!

Nice to hear yours is running ;-)

I've skipped the LPG part for now, she's running too nicely on petrol, and I'll only be fitting LPG after coming back from tour - won't need it up north anyway, and need all my time for more important stuff ;-)

Grtz

Q