rather quick winch

dollythelw

got a file from a friend showing his winch working, thought it might be of interest, I know it doesnt have a warn sticker on it but it is kinda spritely - I dont have anywhere to host it

any ideas??

Cheers

Jez

oops forgot to mention its a wmv movie clip so you get to see it in real time

So what is it ?

Where is the tech ?

Tech?? - its a Robur pto with autospooler :) tech is wasnt even in the options pack with them, they just just do power,

I think he may be adding a fusion reactor to increase power even more at some stage,

It has (apparently) been clocked at a max of 60kph but it only has 80metres of cable (262 feet in old money) so its more of a short sprint B) Ive only seen them do a reel in a minute but thats hardly quick compared to the tweaked version

Robur031.jpg

Roburs look like this if you are curious, selectable throughput PTO, autospooler, 3:1 ratio, 80metres of wire is the standard load - typical eastern european overkill, why use a nutcracker when you can lay waste with a howitzer?

Probably not a lot of use in uk type events but for slugging matches they are pretty impressive

gods winch looks as rough as that

pto driven by 3.0 ltr twin trubo supra engine with no rev limiter basic

pto eng the gear is matched to the high rev`s small diff that the winch drum is welded to

bloody fast 1 good blip of a thorttle and thats 30ft coverd and thats with a bumper of mud in front of it whinch men have been knocked down and lost fingers its twice as fast as the vid clip if not faster

as soon as i get the vid back i will post it

gods winch looks as rough as that

pto driven by 3.0 ltr twin trubo supra engine with no rev limiter basic

pto eng the gear is matched to the high rev`s small diff that the winch drum is welded to

bloody fast 1 good blip of a thorttle and thats 30ft coverd and thats with a bumper of mud in front of it whinch men have been knocked down and lost fingers its twice as fast as the vid clip if not faster

as soon as i get the vid back i will post it

God's winch, Satan's winch by the sound of it :D

3.0 ltr twin turbo winch motor that is just #kin insane!!! :lol:

must be about 280-300bhp makes a 6hp XP look a bit sick :lol:

I gotta admit I like the engineering,

machined drum to ensure the cable lays on perfectly,

nice big brake,

bellows to keep the carp off the autospooler,

Throughput PTO

nice touches - Ive never seen attention to detail like that on a western winch, that one needs a coat of paint and a new bellows but at over 30 years old its not bad :)

just blagging another two for the woodshed to go with the Bigstars B)

how thick a cable was on gods winch? did the car do well even after maiming its crew?

what is a "throughput PTO"?

one shaft for power input, one shaft on the other end of the winch for powerout, so you can select to run the winch, or whatevers on the other end, or both at the same time - handy for chucking a dirty great compressor on the end :D