Wheel spacers

landypc

Dear all,

Not been on recently, so thanks to all that gave some sound advice regarding my previous questions.

I am thinking of fitting wheel spacers. I have standard Land Rover Boost alloys fitted to my 04 (54 reg) XS 90. I was thinking of fitting 40mm spacers. However I have read so much bad press regarding the premature failure of bearings, steering joints and alike, I would like some feedback from someone that has them fitted and get the pros and cons. can anyone help?

landypc

30mm is the common thickness. Have a set on my 110, ends up giving the same offset as a set of wolf rims so there's effectively no additional load on the bearings etc outside of what LR designed and nothing compared to the tyres and rims some fit. The main benefit is improved turning radius. They are not fit and forget, need to check they stay tight especially when first fitted. A downside is there's something else to remove when working on an axle.

30mm is the common thickness. Have a set on my 110, ends up giving the same offset as a set of wolf rims so there's effectively no additional load on the bearings etc outside of what LR designed and nothing compared to the tyres and rims some fit. The main benefit is improved turning radius. They are not fit and forget, need to check they stay tight especially when first fitted. A downside is there's something else to remove when working on an axle.

Many thanks for your reply. As usual this forum shows how much help is out there and available.

Cheers

landypc