Defende steering damper

For that price I'd go for the cheaper & better IMHO O.M.E damper, all steering dampers will return to centre as thats part of the steering geometry set up to self centre the steering, a big external spring won't do it on it's own.

or save your pounds & fit the standard LR damper.

Go off road, and have any lock on and you'll curse it as it will fight

to return the steering to center.

One of those things that many wonder how they have lived without one up to now ?

the simple answer is "Because you don't need one"

Like having a toast rack glued on to your dogs head - possible to do,

but 99.999999% a waste of time and life for both would be better without

Nige

I currently have a delphi one on the front of my defender at the mo. I was just looking through ebay and saw the said beasty and wondered if anyone had one and how it performed. The next one I will be going for will be from OME. To be honest I can't see how it will work when being extended, Compressed yes but not extended.

To be honest I can't see how it will work when being extended, Compressed yes but not extended.

It'll work extended the oposite to how it works compressed, if you stretch a spring it will try to return to its original length, same as if you compress it..

for what its worth, I had and old Man Emu one of my disco, and thought it was well worth the money...