defenderandy110

Ceiling console

Hi guys,

I'm a new member to the forum.

Cold anyone please tell me where I could obtain a new/ 2nd hand ceiling console for a Defender 110 hardtop. I want to install the CB out of harms way.

HAd a look at the Equippe 4x4 range but they were over £350 new.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andy.

Have a look at http://www.tbruk.com/ choose vehicle specific & LR,then Defender, roof console,

borrowed from thier website ----

ROOF CONSOLE

36-9021

Front Radio Housing, keep your radio secure out of the heat and public eye. Driver and Passenger Side Storage, with removable doors, allows the installation of a second radio Interior & Map Lights, driver and passenger side Interior Light positioned to light up the rear Swing down Locker, ideal for sun glasses, wallet, cameras etc. Injection Molded Body, smart leather grain finish complimenting your interior.

Not available for Truck cab models! Requires headlining for installation.

Trimming of sun visors may be required.

post-20-125326559258_thumb.jpg

Have a look at http://www.tbruk.com/ choose vehicle specific & LR,then Defender, roof console,

borrowed from thier website ----

ROOF CONSOLE

36-9021

Front Radio Housing, keep your radio secure out of the heat and public eye. Driver and Passenger Side Storage, with removable doors, allows the installation of a second radio Interior & Map Lights, driver and passenger side Interior Light positioned to light up the rear Swing down Locker, ideal for sun glasses, wallet, cameras etc. Injection Molded Body, smart leather grain finish complimenting your interior.

Not available for Truck cab models! Requires headlining for installation.

Trimming of sun visors may be required.

I like it and I haven't even thought about one of those! Still pricey at £195 (IMO) blink.gif

Doubt you'll find one for much less pounds, or you could have a bash at making your own from alloy/wood & cover with leatherette.

here`s a drawing if you fancy making one yourself, as I did

Roof_Console.gif

How would you fix one of the consoles to the roof?

Is the lining strong enough?

90 degre angle brackets from the internal roof ribs provided the parent vehicle has the smooth roof]

90 degre angle brackets from the internal roof ribs provided the parent vehicle has the smooth roof]

was just about to type that :rolleyes:

I hear it makes you happier...

On a serious note, I had no idea these things were so expensive! Was considering one for my CB....might hold off now :blink:

Time to petition Mr. Baldwin at Mudstuff to come up with a home grown version, methinks :)

Mo

The problem with any home made thing like that is that it usually looks like a home made thing - a bit "Blue Peter" if you like.

They are good - I have seen a couple here - very neat solution and if you have a newish vehicle, in the context of what it all cost would you ruin the interior for the sake of a couple of hundred quid?

I realy like these consoles however they only fit non sunroof models so like me if you have a sunroof they wont fit! I have considered making one that requires the sunroof removed and uses the space, this would also help with the all too familiar leaky sunroof problem as in most defenders

I also fancy putting a console up there on my 110. I seen a nice one recently and I'm sure it was someone on here selling the best series 2a I've ever seen on ebay.

I'll try to post a couple of pic's i nabbed from his ebay ad'.

post-1679-125346717712_thumb.jpg

post-1679-125346719912_thumb.jpg

I also fancy putting a console up there on my 110. I seen a nice one recently and I'm sure it was someone on here selling the best series 2a I've ever seen on ebay.

I'll try to post a couple of pic's i nabbed from his ebay ad'.

thats Tonks old truck

post-1882-125348066258_thumb.jpg

:blink: twizzle :blink:

that's a tidy Series dash, like the glove box.

Yes we were fitting those to series ones in the 1960's

mike