Td4 Vacuum

Cyberfarmer

Hi to all!

Im trying to figure out what the route of each vacuum pipe go to and from. I took off the acoustic cover of the engine and found that there is a loose vacuum pipe with filter from the turbo side and the T-joint along the vacuum line from the reservoir has been blanked off by a screw. Also, are there vent pipes located behind the air cleaner assy just behind the mafam? I dont know if the two should be joined together but I just want to make sure I install everything right before costing me something big.

Thanks guys.

Here are the pix of the vacuum line:

1. I intentionally removed the vacuum hose to the EGR and blanked it off, got the idea from the forum and the effect was good.

_MG_0456Large.jpg

2. When I opened the acoustic cover, I saw this filter attached to one of the vacuum hose from the turbo, there was no hose attached to the other end of the filter. I only attached a hose on the other end just recently.

(pic 1)

IMG_0462Large.jpg

....and from the other side on the vacuum line, the T-Joint was blanked off. I only attached a hose just recently. (pic 2)

_MG_0457Large.jpg

....what I did was to connect the hose from Pic 1 (filter end) to pic 2 (t-joint). Is this right? I noticed when I attached the two, I could hear the turbo spool better, the revs go up faster, 0-120km/h was faster but I couldn't pass the 120km/h mark, is there a speed limiter? Am I missing a vacuum line? Is this related to the valve depression limiter filter problem?

3. Lastly, I want to ask if these are breather pipes or vacuum lines?

_MG_0463Large.jpg