Raptor Console

Thanks for information about whats needed to be done to fit one, in will certainly better than the plastic thing I have, and looking at the photo's it looks well made.

Looks mighty fine. Want one.

Was going to go down the mud pod route but after seeing this i'm very tempted as i think it would be more in keeping with the feel of my 90.

Are the panels easy to work with? I'm kind of there in terms of what i want long term on the dash but not in terms of being able to buy all the switches and guages etc in one go so if the metal is easy to work with i could buy what i need now and play around later.

Looking at the photo it seems like you can remove both panels quite easy? if this is the case would certainly make additions / changes easier..

big thanks for sharing as i did not know this product existed.

Was going to go down the mud pod route but after seeing this i'm very tempted as i think it would be more in keeping with the feel of my 90.

Are the panels easy to work with? I'm kind of there in terms of what i want long term on the dash but not in terms of being able to buy all the switches and guages etc in one go so if the metal is easy to work with i could buy what i need now and play around later.

Looking at the photo it seems like you can remove both panels quite easy? if this is the case would certainly make additions / changes easier..

The panels are quite thick aluminium so easy to work with just be carefull now you hold them to avoid marking them.

I bought one with blank panels as I had a set of dials / switches etc already which I needed to fit which was not covered by any of there options.

They are also very easy to fit and remove, the only bit that makes it more complicated is what you have fitted to them and whether you made the wires long enough to allow the panel to be removed.

Also feel the same about the look.

I wouldn't have known about it either if my Mate hadn't see it and grabbed a leaflet at peterboro ;)

A big plus to this console is that if you deside to change your mind about the layout after a while then you can just unscrew the facia and buy another front part in any colour from the ones available, change your dials/stereo/etc around and refit. That makes it pretty flexible in my opinion not to mention much more robust than the plastic ones that are being sold at not much difference in money.

I've had a plastic one and they scratch so easily and in some places their so thin, problem being I found this out after I'd bought it and not before.

Just so no one gets their knickers in a twist I have no connection what so ever with Raptor Engineering other than being a happy customer.

Morning chaps.

1st time on here for me. I am Phil From Raptor engineering. I am not on here to sell anything just wanted to clear up a few facts and hopefully help.

firstly thanks very much for the kind words that most have had to say. I am a landrover nut and the console was born from building my own truck and having no where to put radio, cb, oil pressure, amp meter, lights and winch switches that i needed. I 100% make them myself, they are a good price because there is no middle man at all.

My first show was this year,

I am an honest hard working chap who is more interested in making a good quality product than trying to get rich quick.

the consoles are guaranteed for life, any problems let me know i will sort it as a matter of urgency.

Changed your mind on the lay out,no problem i will make you new panels as a very low cost as long as you have my console(i am not interested in making a profit out of anyone twice for the same item).

I would like to come back on the one post where someone says he has seen them and they are carp, this is unfair and not true, you may not like them and that's fine i have no problem with that. carp suggests that the quality is not good. Are you sure its my console that you have seen you don't say where you saw it, if it was before the shows this year it wasn't my console.

As i said i am not trying to sell anything as that would be wrong and not what the forum is about. But please rest assured I have had nothing but congratulations at the shows on a well made quality product. This is a brand new business, and my first. Thank you again to all those who have purchased from me , I couldn't do it without you and for that reason my customer service will always be second to none.

Regards Phil Proctor Raptor engineering

Morning chaps.

1st time on here for me. I am Phil From Raptor engineering. I am not on here to sell anything just wanted to clear up a few facts and hopefully help.

firstly thanks very much for the kind words that most have had to say. I am a landrover nut and the console was born from building my own truck and having no where to put radio, cb, oil pressure, amp meter, lights and winch switches that i needed. I 100% make them myself, they are a good price because there is no middle man at all.

I am an honest hard working chap who is more interested in making a good quality product than trying to get rich quick.

the consoles are guaranteed for life, any problems let me know i will sort it as a matter of urgency.

Changed your mind on the lay out,no problem i will make you new panels as a very low cost as long as you have my console(i am not interested in making a profit out of anyone twice for the same item).

I would like to come back on the one post where someone says he has seen them and they are carp, this is unfair and not true, you may not like them and that's fine i have no problem with that. carp suggests that the quality is not good. Are you sure its my console that you have seen you don't say where you saw it, if it was before the shows this year it wasn't my console.

As i said i am not trying to sell anything as that would be wrong and not what the forum is about. But please rest assured I have had nothing but congratulations at the shows on a well made quality product. This is a brand new business, and my first. Thank you again to all those who have purchased from me , I couldn't do it without you and for that reason my customer service will always be second to none.

Hi Phil, Welcome to LR4x4, Thanks for the info about your consoles, you can have a signature line with a link to your website,provided it's office friendly & discrete, similar in size to the sig line at the bottom of this reply, good to see alternatives to the Mudstuuf & Iron Goat consoles.

Thanks to all for the kind words and the warm welcome. If i can be of any assistance at all feel free to call me. My next plan is a roof console and locking cubby box. what would you all want in the console. By the way i do have a shorter dash console thats 300mm wide but you cant fit a cb and radio.

Please introduce yourselves at the next show and i will buy you all a pint

www.raptor-engineering.co.uk

Thanks to all for the kind words and the warm welcome. If i can be of any assistance at all feel free to call me. My next plan is a roof console and locking cubby box. what would you all want in the console. By the way i do have a shorter dash console thats 300mm wide but you cant fit a cb and radio.

http://www.raptor-engineering.co.uk

your closing comment, could get to be expensive, but thanks for the thought :D

Morning chaps.

Welcome indeed Phil.

I have been looking at the competitions offerings and was quite impressed. How ever after reading your comments above^^^^^ and looking at your site I will be getting one of yours as soon as funds allow. It is so refreshing to hear some one with a genuine enthusiasm for their product, company and offering REAL customer service! smile.gif

Agree with Brookers..the tent should definately have zider!

Welcome Phil.......Free beer my goodness thats the price gone up then :ph34r:

Was thinking about buying a new cubby box will wait a while, and Phil stop sleeping at night and get the roof console sorted,

so we can all have a look .

Regards

Keith

Hi Phil,

Regards roof console, personally, space for a radio, at least 1 preferably 2 locking sections room for decent roof lights.

Keith

I would like to come back on the one post where someone says he has seen them and they are carp

Hi Phil,

I assume you are refering to my post?

I certainly did not say that they were carp! I did say that I dont like the look of them, which is different.

I would also be very, very careful of offering to buy this lot a beer! You may have to re-mortgage a home to honour that!

Martin