Raptor Console

Frax

I work in the same industry and have a similar ratchet crimper in my toolbox. I just think some ratchet crimpers over do it and personally I prefer the manual one as I have far better control and the results are tidy.

I think I will go for sub- fuse board in the battery box for my additional power requirments in the console.

• 10 months later...

I think Santa is bringing one for me, wil add it to this thread in the new year when I can get it fitted. Can't afford all the gauges yet so its going to have siome blanks for a bit. In blue to match the rattletrap, will see a cheap aldi radio cd unit and carlings plus re-located switch panel contents.

Just ordered the dash console, Binnacle mount and a hand full of switches.. Cant wait ......

Got them today... What can I say the quality is fantastic, superb service many thanks...

It shows that things can be made for a fair price, I looked at mantec window grills/guards Christ where do they get their prices? the same crazy place Exmoor trim do... The window guards have far less manufacturing processes than the Raptor Dash yet more than double the price.. Why do these company's think because Defenders are grossly over priced all the after-market goodies should be too... Sorry rant over...

Raptor Engineering one company that is trading in the real world thank's again..

Got them today... What can I say the quality is fantastic, superb service many thanks...

It shows that things can be made for a fair price, I looked at mantec window grills/guards Christ where do they get their prices? the same crazy place Exmoor trim do... The window guards have far less manufacturing processes than the Raptor Dash yet more than double the price.. Why do these company's think because Defenders are grossly over priced all the after-market goodies should be too... Sorry rant over...

Raptor Engineering one company that is trading in the real world thank's again..

They really are a good honest product aren't they :) I am still very happy with mine ..... although a tip would be to swap out the black screws that hold the front plates on as they do start to rust in the damp weather..... stainless M5 button heads are dirt cheap though.

The dash is surprisingly easy to fit as well :)

I have one fitted, its the narrow one one or two things I would do differently would be to fit a 20mm to 25mm plastic tube between the right hand side in the dash tray and the Landrover dash glued in so it can be used to pass cables and pipes that may be needed for the gauges and switches. You would need to cut a hole in the Raptor dash to pass the tube through. I would look into doing the same down to the fuse box, the best I have at the moment is a draw wire for pulling wires up to the dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil,

That was me, big battery? nope but I do have 3!

will post pics some time am very very pleased with it!

Matt

Hmmm, 14 switches...Any chance of some pics Matt please? Including how you managed all the cables and routed them to where they were needed on the truck?

Reason I ask, I'm currently trying to work out what extra toys I hope to have on my vehicle (eventually, not 14 switches though!) and therefore how much extra cabling I need to fit. Where did you locate the relays for all these extras? Under the driver's seat? Or was the 10 A rating of the carling meaty enough not to bother with relays?

Thanks..

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, 14 switches...Any chance of some pics Matt please? Including how you managed all the cables and routed them to where they were needed on the truck?

Reason I ask, I'm currently trying to work out what extra toys I hope to have on my vehicle (eventually, not 14 switches though!) and therefore how much extra cabling I need to fit. Where did you locate the relays for all these extras? Under the driver's seat? Or was the 10 A rating of the carling meaty enough not to bother with relays?

Err arent carling switches rated to 20A?

Err arent carling switches rated to 20A?

My bad

Didn't read the :rtfm:

So, for instance this one is carling p/n VLD2UHNB- AAC00- 000. The 3rd character 'D' equates to 20 A @ 12V rating, according to the datasheet (pdf)

I'd still be interested to know how people ran all the cabling for the consoles? Presuambly the main feeds came froma seperate fusbox, out through the battery box, back in via the bulkhead (in the usual LR wasy) and via the switches back out again to lights, compressors etc?