A shock in the rear

My Def 90 is suffering for a broken rear shock mounting bracket - it's the lower bracket that connects the shock absorber to the rear axle. It was previously holed (rust) and has now given away completely. Is it possible to buy / weald on a replacement bracket? It's been suggested that I consider replacing the whole rear axle as its slowly being eaten away.

My Def 90 is suffering for a broken rear shock mounting bracket - it's the lower bracket that connects the shock absorber to the rear axle. It was previously holed (rust) and has now given away completely. Is it possible to buy / weald on a replacement bracket? It's been suggested that I consider replacing the whole rear axle as its slowly being eaten away.

I dont know what the part number is but at Woolston 4 x 4 they have the bottom brackets on the shelf. :rolleyes:

Thanks for this Phil - would you happen to have the contact details for Woolston 4x4?

Wolston Garage & Engineering

Brook St

Wolston

Nr Coventry

Warwickshire

CV8 3HB

Phone 024 7654 2209

Fux 024 7654 4924

Email: info@douglassmotors.co.uk

Web: www.douglasmotors.co.uk

:rolleyes:

Wolston Garage & Engineering

Brook St

Wolston

Nr Coventry

Warwickshire

CV8 3HB

Phone 024 7654 2209

Fux 024 7654 4924

Email: info@douglassmotors.co.uk

Web: www.douglassmotors.co.uk

:rolleyes:

Checked with Wolstons - unable to provide lower shock bracket seperately as the no longer have a contact at the manufacturers anymore but can supply a duel shock kit for £70ish which contains two brackets - I'm going to try a local blacksmith first to get some made up - thanks for your help.