SLINDON - Round 7 HW

Rob Butler

Looks like I might be proper struggling to attend sad.gif I've still got no steering unless I'm moving, which has sort of hampered my whole year big time but hopefully a real pump should arrive early this week, this will be the 4th pump this year, all brand new, the new one has been flow tested and pressure tested properly, and then just a load of water issues to sort out which hopefully is not a head gasket.

So its a long 500 mile round trip to go testing, so I'm looking "iffy",

But the rest of you stand a chance now, so have a great weekend cause Tong's mine boy's laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif .

Just spent most of the day hoovering out the inside of the car to keep Mark the scrutineer happy. It has been a fantastic sunny day for working on the drive and im pretty chilled. All this talk of milage makes me envious though as every event we go to is about 500m round trip.Oh and it shall be Tracey's birthday on the Sunday of the event.....she's a lucky girl :) and Gwyn keeps on telling me that i have no idea how lucky i am to have her :P

Entries now closed for Round 7

Entry list as follows:

Number Driver CoDriver Vehicle Class

2 Richard Nicolson Nick Bolt Land Rover 90 2

4 Alastair David Philip David Range Rover Hybrid 1

6 Nick Watts James Trembath Special Special 2

7 John Sales Glynn Yates Land Rover Hybrid 1

8 Rob Tunnah Jamie Lewis ART Mitsimog 1

10 Gary Zoller Jon Norman Land Rover 90 2

11 Philon Parpottas Alex Parpottas Land Rover 90 2

15 Peter Jackson Richard Norris Range Rover 2

19 John Fair Tracey Harrold Land Rover Discovery 2

21 Jason Morgan Nathan Morgan Suzuki Samurai 3

22 Chris Booth Thomas Booth Land Rover Series II 1

24 Jonathan Smith Alan Webb Land Rover 90 3

25 Rob Butler Andy Marshall Suzuki Samurai 3

29 Kevin Pocock Adrian Turner Range Rover 1

32 Bruce Gould Luke Billing Land Rover Defender 2

33 Ian Corfield Chris Bolt Land Rover 90 3

40 Bert Smith Dan Smith Land Rover 90 2

41 Bob Smith Ian Moulsdale Land Rover Hybrid 3

42 Sam Coulton Matthew Martin Land Rover 90 3

43 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Land Rover 90 2

47 John Barrie Gee Adam Gee Range Rover 3

50 Dan Elias Paul Church Land Rover 90 2

57 Jonathan Bird Charlie Dunn Suzuki SJ410 3

Entries now closed for Round 7

Entry list as follows:

Number Driver CoDriver Vehicle Class

2 Richard Nicolson Nick Bolt Land Rover 90 2

4 Alastair David Philip David Range Rover Hybrid 1

6 Nick Watts James Trembath Special Special 2

7 John Sales Glynn Yates Land Rover Hybrid 1

8 Rob Tunnah Jamie Lewis ART Mitsimog 1

10 Gary Zoller Jon Norman Land Rover 90 2

11 Philon Parpottas Alex Parpottas Land Rover 90 2

15 Peter Jackson Richard Norris Range Rover 2

19 John Fair Tracey Harrold Land Rover Discovery 2

21 Jason Morgan Nathan Morgan Suzuki Samurai 3

22 Chris Booth Thomas Booth Land Rover Series II 1

24 Jonathan Smith Alan Webb Land Rover 90 3

25 Rob Butler Andy Marshall Suzuki Samurai 3

29 Kevin Pocock Adrian Turner Range Rover 1

32 Bruce Gould Luke Billing Land Rover Defender 2

33 Ian Corfield Chris Bolt Land Rover 90 3

40 Bert Smith Dan Smith Land Rover 90 2

41 Bob Smith Ian Moulsdale Land Rover Hybrid 3

42 Sam Coulton Matthew Martin Land Rover 90 3

43 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Land Rover 90 2

47 John Barrie Gee Adam Gee Range Rover 3

50 Dan Elias Paul Church Land Rover 90 2

57 Jonathan Bird Charlie Dunn Suzuki SJ410 3

Hi Neil, we won't be able to make this event as i have a rally which is part of the championship, could this be counted as one of the two rounds which are not counted?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Neil, we won't be able to make this event as i have a rally which is part of the championship, could this be counted as one of the two rounds which are not counted?

Thanks

Alex

Your two worst scoring rounds are dropped, so if you're not there that will be a 0 anyway!

Good luck in the rally :)

Neil, please don't hold things up Sunday morning on my account, it looks highly probable I won't be there due to all sorts of reasons, most of them technical with the steering, and I am determined they will be sorted out once and for all before it goes out again. Saley will be in the picture.sad.gif

If I am coming I will be there Saturday afternoon, not Sunday morning,.

Simon looks like I'm missing your sponsored event, I'm sorry.

Have a good weekend.

Hi Neil,

Don't wait on Ian turning up either, still haven't managed to get the truck a. back in one piece or b. running again after it's little adventure. (insurance company dragging their feet). :angry:

And we haven't been able to start replacing all the stolen equiptment either yet, hope things might have improved by Tong, will be at that one anyway if only to watch.

Hope everone has a good day, see you soon Emma.

Hi Guys,

Currently visiting the UK from Barbados and would really like to catch an event to get some ideas for our local club...

Few questions if anyone can help me out...

Would it be ok to hire a car and drive down to slindon? Parking ok for non-4x4s? Easy enough to park and walk into the stage(s)?

I see some of you talking about going down on the saturday but is the event itself on the sunday? What time does it start?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

Visitor parking is just inside the gate off the main road. 5 minute walk into the action.

Setting out is on Saturday and some (most) of the competitors will probably arrive Sat PM for a look around and Sat night social.

Event starts on Sunday at 9:30 until 3:30. Plenty of opportunity before and after to have a look at the trucks and talk to the drivers.

Please feel free to ask any of the marshals to point you in my direction and I will be happy to show you around and explain what it is all about.

Look forward to meeting you

Neil

Great, thanks Neil!

Look forward to hopefully meeting you on sunday...

Hi Ben

Visitor parking is just inside the gate off the main road. 5 minute walk into the action.

Setting out is on Saturday and some (most) of the competitors will probably arrive Sat PM for a look around and Sat night social.

Event starts on Sunday at 9:30 until 3:30. Plenty of opportunity before and after to have a look at the trucks and talk to the drivers.

Please feel free to ask any of the marshals to point you in my direction and I will be happy to show you around and explain what it is all about.

Look forward to meeting you

Neil

I'll be there! It's X-Eng's round - so no great surprise!

I've taken a leaf out of Jim's book regarding prizes - and gone for something useful to anybody whether they have a Land Rover or not. They are something I've wanted for a long time but been too mean to buy for my self!

The Hog Roast was double booked - so instead, I'm going to Costco in the morning to get complimentary sandwiches and beer! If you have any sandwich or beer preference - let me know!

Si

The Hog Roast was double booked - so instead, I'm going to Costco in the morning to get complimentary sandwiches and beer! If you have any sandwich or beer preference - let me know!

Si

Just dont bring Port or that will be me finished.

Anyone know a postcode.