D2 V8 Q's

sweety

Hi guy's, I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to look out for when buying a D2 V8. I have seen a nice tidy looking one with 70K on the clock & it has full history :D I noticed it had a bit of an oil leak ( I know they leak) at the front of the engine 7 wondered what it could poss be as I could'nt spot the source whist looking, it was coming from below the rocker covers but they were dry. The other thing I noticed was that there was a slushing sound coming from the G/box when it was started up & I heard it again on test drive & the kick down took about 1.5-2 sec's to work. Is there any thing I should be looking at as I don't want to buy a dog, oh it's a 2000 W plate advitised as a 4L but not sure if it could infact be a 3.9L :huh:

Last thing whats the MPG like on petrol would be happy with 14-18mpg if thats poss as I won't be flooring it all the time (will prob in 1st week lol) & it'll be doing mixed trips some short some longer