Help needed on Removing TD5 Fuel Tank

qball

Hi,

I need some information on how to remove a TD5(2005) fuel tank. I have removed the following;

1. 2 nuts at the rear bumper.

2. the rear anti roll bar.

3. Feeler hose at fuel cap side.

4. Fuel tank breather hose.

After all the above being removed. The tank still wouldn't barge. Would like advice on what other stuff I need to remove. Appreciate any info.

THanks

Jack

According to RAVE there should be 2 nuts holding the tank guard bracket in place, and also 2 bolts, not sure where exactly but I guess it is still attached by the bolts. I seem to remember there are some up from underneath and some in through the crossmember or something?

The tank is supported only by the metal tank guard -

There are two bolts that bolt to the rear crossmember, then two bolts on each side of the tank guard that bolt to the chassis brackets.

Drop the tank guard and with a bit of fiddling the tanks should pull down - you then need to disconnect the fuel lines and loom to the tank.

The fuel lines clip in to place in the top of the pump unit - you need to press the ittle lugs in at either side of the clip and the pipe disconnects.

Hi Folks,

Firstly thanks for chipping in EightPot and BogMonster. EightPot, I had removed those bolts and nuts that you mentoned. But the tank wouldn't barge at all. I have tried using crowbar to pry it clear of the chassis mount but it just wouldn't move. Would there be any more mountings that I have not remove? Any folks with pictorials from a Workshop manual would be helpful.

thanks

Qball