1 Brake problem to another

Briggsy

Ok, I recently posted a topic on bleeding the ABS on a classic and where i couldn't get any pressure at the pedal at all, after many hours of bleeding and a few liters of brake fluid later i finaly have pressure at the pedal and i had good brakes for about 2 miles.

Now the problem is the brakes for some reason after a couple of miles or less will lock on to the point where the car wont even move anymore. I get about 5 applications of the brakes before the pump kicks in but pressure seems to be building up too much. opening the bleed screw on a caliper (doesnt matter which one) will temporarily release the brakes but same thing keeps happening and pedal goes rock solid, disconnect pump and after a few applications of the pedal and pressure is gone its almost impossible to stop the car.

One exstream to the other!

Any ideas at all?

The master cylinder has two vent holes into the reservoir - the large hole supplies fluid to the piston to compensate for pads wearing down requiring more fluid, the other hole is a tiny pin prick that allows air and surplus fluid behind the piston to vent into the reservoir - this small hole might be blocked

The master cylinder has two vent holes into the reservoir - the large hole supplies fluid to the piston to compensate for pads wearing down requiring more fluid, the other hole is a tiny pin prick that allows air and surplus fluid behind the piston to vent into the reservoir - this small hole might be blocked

Ok this is something i will check, do you have any idea how to unblock said hole? and just where abouts is it?