Heated front screen

PaulMc -- when the new switch arrives, I'll post a photo/diagram of it's connections.

also on a elctrically related subject are you able obtain or know where I can get the treminals/plug for the 300tdi/td5 type interior lights IIRC the part number is YPC10028

PaulMc -- when the new switch arrives, I'll post a photo/diagram of it's connections.

also on a elctrically related subject are you able obtain or know where I can get the treminals/plug for the 300tdi/td5 type interior lights IIRC the part number is YPC10028

I started doing a diagram of switch connections, then thought that it might be better to wait and see what switch you had :rolleyes:

As for the interior light connector YPC10026, it's another of those Sumitomo HMDC .120" (3mm) connectors, that isn't available commercially from Sumitomo (see - http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=74109)

If you had a used connector shell, then the terminals are YPL10003, which Land Rover list for around 75p each, but they haven't had stocks of these since early last year (I bought the last 2 pieces held in stock :P )

I can't find anyone with stocks of Sumitomo HMDC .120" terminals, so no joy there.

A lot of suppliers will refer you to the dimensionally similar Sumitomo MTW .110" (2.8mm) connector/terminal, as an equivalent, but I'm not sure if it will fit the interior light - I will investigate and let you know.

I started doing a diagram of switch connections, then thought that it might be better to wait and see what switch you had :rolleyes:

I think that's a great idea, it's a SWF 511 momentary.haven't got a terminal diagram for it yet.

not to wory about the interior light plug, they work OK, just wanted to know if the corect item was easily available, seems like it's a bit rare, so I'll leave the existing spade terminals as they are.

• 2 weeks later...

got my momentary switch oday, it has 2 terminals in positions 1 & 5

looking at terminal face of the switch they are numbered

1 - 2

3 - 4

5 - 6

7 - 8

odd numbers on left as I'm looking at the terminals

off position [posn.] is rocker upper end in & on posn. rocker lower end spring loaded - makes contact & returns to off posn.

switch on indication light is 2 seperate terminals

got my momentary switch oday, it has 2 terminals in positions 1 & 5

looking at terminal face of the switch they are numbered

1 - 2

3 - 4

5 - 6

7 - 8

odd numbers on left as I'm looking at the terminals

off position [posn.] is rocker upper end in & on posn. rocker lower end spring loaded - makes contact & returns to off posn.

switch on indication light is 2 seperate terminals

Did you get a diagram with it?

Do you have a SWF Britax part number?

According to my Britax catalogue, 511-007 is a non illuminated, non-latching, single pole on/off switch.

It switches across terminals 1 and 5

I did a Google search for SWF 511-007, and came up with this image from the Hella catalogue (same as from my Britax catalogue) -

(Britax 511-007 is the same as Hella 6GM 004 570-051)

32145.jpg

there wasn't a illumination bulb/holder with it but it does have the facility for illumination, I have the bulb/holder from the plain on/off latching switch & the front heated screen lens, now swapped to the new momentary switch.

so on my circuit diagram, I feed the switch from timer terminal 8 & send other side to earth & switch the warning light from timer terminal 5 & other side to earth.?

there wasn't a illumination bulb/holder with it but it does have the facility for illumination, I have the bulb/holder from the plain on/off latching switch & the front heated screen lens, now swapped to the new momentary switch.

so on my circuit diagram, I feed the switch from timer terminal 8 & send other side to earth & switch the warning light from timer terminal 5 & other side to earth.?

Timer terminal 8 is connected to terminal 85 on the power relay and one terminal of the switch's warning light (other warning light terminal goes to earth).

Timer terminal 5 goes to terminal 1 (or 5) on the switch, with the other terminal to earth.

So that -

When you press the switch, terminal 5 of the timer relay is earthed momentarily and the timed period starts.

During this timed period, the timer relay's output triggers the power relay and lights the switch's warning light.

• 1 month later...

Ralph,

The PG wire from terminal 85 of the 70A relay should go to terminal 8 on the timer relay.

So that, when the timer is in it's timed period and is energising the coil of the 70A relay, it's also lighting the switch's warning light.

Other than that, the diagram looks fine icon_thumbup.gif

my new 70amp relay has arrived, so hopefully weather permitting I can get the wiring completed in line with PaulMc's amendment noted above.

how would you test the timer unit ?

We tried at work but couldn't get the timer part to latch in for more than 2 seconds, I assume it's meant to latch in for much longer to keep the 70amp relay energised

new 70amp relay fitted & the wiring adjustment made, switched on & tested, all working as it should even the timer 8 minutes operates correctly,

Thank you very much to all who assisted with this little project :i-m_so_happy:

it's only taken me nearly 8 years to complete :hysterical:

The final wiring diagram [as fitted to my 1989 110CSW] attached.

post-20-0-90641700-1390133769_thumb.jpg