Corrieyairick Pass

Hm, might be worth searching. There was some dicussion on this but I'm pretty sure it was before LRE threw the toys out of the pram. IIRC it is open but gated and locked at one end so its out and back.

Chris

The pass is open, though we've had to turn back in April before we got to the top due to snow before now.

One word of warning. It's a bloody long way to go for what is a very tame off-road drive - especially if you're travelling to the Highlands from Wellingborough!

Don't believe the nonsense that LRO wrote recently either, claiming it's one of the toughest rock-crawling routes in the country. What a load of rubbish. Yes, there are (small) rocks all the way and a few washed-out sections but no way could you call it 'tough' or a 'rock-crawl' by any stretch of the imagination. To be honest, all the bucking and pitching from the condition of the track can get a bit tedious after awhile and unless the weather is perfect, you won't get to see anything from the top.

Don't mean to put anyone off, it's just there's a lot of hype about the Corrieyairack and I'd hate from sooneone to have a 1000 mile round trip to go: 'is that it!'

Kev

Chris

The pass is open, though we've had to turn back in April before we got to the top due to snow before now.

One word of warning. It's a bloody long way to go for what is a very tame off-road drive - especially if you're travelling to the Highlands from Wellingborough!

Don't believe the nonsense that LRO wrote recently either, claiming it's one of the toughest rock-crawling routes in the country. What a load of rubbish. Yes, there are (small) rocks all the way and a few washed-out sections but no way could you call it 'tough' or a 'rock-crawl' by any stretch of the imagination. To be honest, all the bucking and pitching from the condition of the track can get a bit tedious after awhile and unless the weather is perfect, you won't get to see anything from the top.

Don't mean to put anyone off, it's just there's a lot of hype about the Corrieyairack and I'd hate from sooneone to have a 1000 mile round trip to go: 'is that it!'

Kev

Hi Kev

I am going up anyway to visit the olds,so i will be only 40 odd mile from there.The 90 is going up on the trailer on the back of the Land Cruiser. Sod that driving the 90 all the way up there and back. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris