X-springs

Tris Cocks

Evening

Ive got a pair of X-Springs on the rear of my 90 coupled with a pair of Heavy Duty range rover springs (NRC4304)

Ive found that when moving at slow speed or just rock it the springs squeak and it looks like they are rubbing on the top of the x-spring set up. Is there any easy fix to stop this or have i not fitted them correctly?

Many thanks

Tris

Have you tried leveling the spring seat for the top hat too sit on, I did it on the one side and not on the other and it made plenty of noise almost like a creek, try popping a couple of washers under the spring seat and then re-bolt it down (if you already havent).

Other thing is did you use the spiral binding on the X-spring itself?

Dave.

Have you tried leveling the spring seat for the top hat too sit on, I did it on the one side and not on the other and it made plenty of noise almost like a creek, try popping a couple of washers under the spring seat and then re-bolt it down (if you already havent).

Other thing is did you use the spiral binding on the X-spring itself?

Dave.

ive used the spiral binding, by the looks of it it seems like the top hat is leant back against the rear of the spring, is it safe to prop up the back of the spring seat with a suitable bit of metal and then tighten it all back up again?

Have you talked to the manufacturer? I believe they have some experience of this!:)

You need to make the top and bottom spring hangers as parallel as possible. Sticking washers under the spring seat is OK, but doesn't fix the underlying problem.

You need to lengthen your radius arms - to do this add a few washers between the chassis end radius arm bush (often referred to a a doughnut) and the chassis. Usuallu a couple of mm will fix it.

Also, removing the bottom spring seat altogether helps a lot. It will lower the vehicle to the same level as pre-X-Spring fitting, quieten them and allow mud to fall out the bottom which helps prevent the spring corroding and thus last longer.

Si

Also, removing the bottom spring seat altogether helps a lot. It will lower the vehicle to the same level as pre-X-Spring fitting, quieten them and allow mud to fall out the bottom which helps prevent the spring corroding and thus last longer.

Si

Si, Thanks for this tip, I have been wondering how to get round the height increase for a while now. never thought about removing the spring seat completely.

Pete.