01 Td4 in tank pump failure .

dooroy

Last Nov I changed the in tank fuel pump in my bro - in - laws Td4 . I also replaced the engine compartment pump and filter around the same time .

In January the tank pump failed again and I got a replacement under warranty - from the supplier in England .

Last Wed after about 12K mls the tank pump failed again .

Has anyone come across this in other Td4's - Freelander will probably be parked up for a while waiting for replacement . As it has to come from Eng it can be a long drawn out process .

Is there an ongoing problem with these pumps - I got one from England in the first place as the local dlr wanted something like €488 for one one .

It was a pattern part - not the genuine LR item .

Have often used pattern parts in the past with no problems - these pumps though seem to be a problem .

I fitted a pattern in tank pump to my own Td5 Discovery a few months back - works fine but gets noisy if fuel level allowed below about a quarter .

Hope it lasts longer than the Freelander one .

Thanks for reply - will see how I get on re warranty .