Series 3 Auxiliary Panel

Minster68

Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of my Series 3 project that has taken just over a year at the moment. There's not much that i haven't needed to replace or rebuild :) Its my first Land Rover so please forgive me if I'm asking some newbie questions..

I've spent the last few week ends working on the electrics and think i have finally got it sorted, will all apart from the auxiliary switch panel which is not covered in the work shop manual I have. I know the bottom left switch is rear fog and also the top left is some form of brake test circuit, but what is the bottom right switch for? and also the warning light.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

post-11499-125469705973_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

All the wiring was in a right old mess when I got the Land Rover, not many of the light etc worked and there was a load of extra wiring that i removed.

Since I've started working on it I have disconnected the wiring to take the bulkhead off for spraying, so not fully sure where everything went, but would really like to get everything back to standard.. The only wire left is a one to the reversing light, so maybe it is manual switch for that..

I will have a play again at the week end.

Thanks

Where does the wire go and what comes on or catches fire when you turn it on? That's the only way to know.

On Mine the aux panel had

1) Fog light

2) Hazard warning

3) Brake warning switch

4) Blank

I believe mine was factory fitted (late 1981).

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get over to work on the Landy this weekend. The switch in question was for the reversing light, well that was the only wires left to connect up..

Only the dashboard lights and glow plug dash light to sort out and thats the electrics finally done.. :lol:

Front axle swivel housings next, wonder what joys they will bring !

• 2 weeks later...

On Mine the aux panel had

1) Fog light

2) Hazard warning

3) Brake warning switch

4) Blank

I believe mine was factory fitted (late 1981).

G.

And mine (1982 hard top 2.25 petrol).

the switch in the photo is non-standard. A reverse light switch seems a likely candidate, if there are reverse lights on the rear body.