najw

AWDC UK•XTC 2010

i took a break from doing an assignment/'studying' to take a look. Had to use some serious zooooom to get some pictures but looked like a very good event

It was a nice day

24996_367668221511_731466511_4120195_190216_n.jpg

24996_367838151511_731466511_4120843_7333676_n.jpg

24996_367668266511_731466511_4120196_6941830_n.jpg

not many but the rest are here

Had a great day, great course, great event and as always run by a great team, thanks to everyone involved! :rolleyes:

I may even roll the old girl out again for round 2 ;)

Car 33 has some seriously long rear trailing arms!!

Keep the pics and vids coming!

Steve

Now corrected!!

Car 33 has some seriously long rear trailing arms!!

Ex James Tennant comp safari car.

Results now available to download

HERE

I welcome all constructive comments that allow us to build on this starting point for the future

Neil could you explain the rules as I just didn't get it

I thought that if you missed a gate you got a max time ie. 32.00 5 minutes more than the first slowest lap

and what time penalty for hitting/running over a gate etc.

Neil could you explain the rules as I just didn't get it

I thought that if you missed a gate you got a max time ie. 32.00 5 minutes more than the first slowest lap

and what time penalty for hitting/running over a gate etc.

Yes please explain the rules, as im sure i saw a single seater suzi, "how u supposed to use the winch on ur own :unsure: ???" lack of mudguards??? it looked like a bit like a comp on the vid :unsure: is there a track or order ur supposed to follow :unsure: , or is it just me :rolleyes::blink: , still fancy a go though,

Neil will correct me if I am wrong but, On a point to point the route from one gate to another is free (go where suits your vehilce best)and you must visit each gate in order and record that you have visited it by means of a (punch card, cyber key, transponder etc) A comp safari the route is fixed between the arrows.

Neil would have liked to have come and helped or watched :( looked like a good event from what I have seen so far, well done to all :)

Are the rules for the cars the same as for comp safari vehicles? with regards to specs cages etc.

Was there any winching at all? as the video only showed driven sections.

What happened to Richards 90 I read elsewhere it got heavily damaged.

As Matt has explained the route between the gates is free.

There is no compulsory winching, you could opt to take a winch route if you thought it would give an advantage.

The technical spec of cars is the same as comp safari as this is a speed discipline.

The penalties were 2 minutes for flattening a gate marker pole and 10 minutes for missing a gate out completely.

We have learned a lot from this first event and will make necessary changes at the next one which will be over completely different terrain.

Richard's car was immobilised when it fell into a very large hole and stopped rather suddenly!