200tdi auto ???

ive got a rangerover that i converted from a 3.5efi auto to a 200tdi auto using the original v8 gearbox,

the only change was the engine back plate and flywheel so that it would mate to the gearbox, unfortunatley i cant tell you what it is or where to get one from as i got it off of ebay, the only other things were a slight modification to the bell housing for the starter motor as its on the other side, fit a kick down cable bracket and move the engine mounts on the chassis, its quite straight forward if you can source the adaptor

HTH

martin

Worst part is I had a 300tdi auto Disco that took me over 5 week to put a non edc engine into an edc car & get running :angry: , wish now I had just sold the engine & broke the car for bits, would of had all I needed then & made mopre money on it :rolleyes: , may look out for a rot box 200/300 auto or damaged, burn out out etc.

Thanks for the replys so far

John

ive got a rangerover that i converted from a 3.5efi auto to a 200tdi auto using the original v8 gearbox,

the only change was the engine back plate and flywheel so that it would mate to the gearbox, unfortunatley i cant tell you what it is or where to get one from as i got it off of ebay, the only other things were a slight modification to the bell housing for the starter motor as its on the other side, fit a kick down cable bracket and move the engine mounts on the chassis, its quite straight forward if you can source the adaptor

The pilot bearings are different sizes, so although it did fit, it was not done correctly.

not sure what you mean by pilot bearing (the one in the end of the crank shaft?) if so thats easy to change anyway had to do it on a manual conversion i done

still its been in and running for three years and done about 25000 miles so cant be causing much of a problem :)