Halfords

white90

Same toolkit I have!

To tip for halfords, go in and ask for a trade card.

You will need to take in a bit of headed paper or a business card (I'll leave it to your immagination how you might obtain something appropriate - given an Ink jet printer.....) proving that you are in the trade - and they give you one (not that kind of 'one' ;) ).

Gives a pretty decent discount on most things (except paint for some reason).

Si

Ive got one too, and judging by this post so have many more.

Im becoming a fan of the Halfords Prof range, the few bits Ive broken have been exchanged without question (they even split a new toolbox, like above, just to replace a torx bit which I had given some grief).

If you get chance, go to more than one outlet, different stores have different promotions / sales.

Same toolkit I have!

To tip for halfords, go in and ask for a trade card.

You will need to take in a bit of headed paper or a business card (I'll leave it to your immagination how you might obtain something appropriate - given an Ink jet printer.....) proving that you are in the trade - and they give you one (not that kind of 'one' ;) ).

Gives a pretty decent discount on most things (except paint for some reason).

Si

I didn't know that, got some headed paper too :D

hi i work there part timeas well as uni.

trade cards are very easy to come by if u can show some sort of document that that u do work on other ppls car as a trader (how lagit this is, is up to u)

another thing is that there is targets to meet within trade so getting a card should not be to difficult.

as for exchange u will never have aproblem because there is no way for us to prove that something has been badly treated so its just a straight swop. although some times u may have to wait a little

dont tell anyone i told u :ph34r:

I snapped the tip of a pair of halfords professional circlip pliers getting a siezed uj out,

I have just done exactly the same this evening with some halfords circlip pliers which cost £8.00

I have the reciept so we will see how the service is tomorrow ;)

I have just done exactly the same this evening with some halfords circlip pliers which cost £8.00

I have the reciept so we will see how the service is tomorrow ;)

I didn't have the reciept, but as they were from the 'professional' range there was no problem getting them exchanged as they have a lifetime guarantee :D

Well, I managed to wreck my 3 week old 13mm ratchet spanner by dropping it whilst tightening a battery terminal on saturday. Sadly I dropped it onto the other battery terminal :o Lots of sparks ensued, and now my spanner won't ratchet anymore. Does anyone think I will be able to get a replacement under warranty???? <_<

Mark