Over reaction on winch rope

SteveG

Hi Les

In my opinion you have over reacted on this post. The guy didn't post until a question was asked about the product he was selling and he made it clear that he was selling it.

I don't see it as spam if he's responding to a query.

However, I do think his response could have been better and he could have explained why he thinks it is the best rather than merely stating it.

In my opinion the thread should be unlocked.

Cheers

Steve :)

I have to agree with Steve. The person asking the question seemed to be asking a genuine question, and had plenty of other un related posts. The response was pretty much an honest reply. I suspect it was a plain google hit on the product name that brought him here.

A little OTT I feel.

:)

Cheers

Mark

Hi Les

In my opinion you have over reacted on this post. The guy didn't post until a question was asked about the product he was selling and he made it clear that he was selling it.

I don't see it as spam if he's responding to a query.

However, I do think his response could have been better and he could have explained why he thinks it is the best rather than merely stating it.

In my opinion the thread should be unlocked.

Cheers

Hi Les,

Think I have to agree with Steve. He didnt seem to be trying to sell or pull the wool over anybodys eyes. I know its difficult to know were to draw the line but in this case perhaps you have been slightly harsh. :)

Dave

Sorry if it looks like a direct reaction to his reply. It was meant to be for anyone that abuses forum rules.

More and more people are using this website to make a few quid under the guise of a private seller, when that's not always the case. Even though the 20-post rule is right at the top of the classified section - it seems that it's invisible to a lot of people. The thread is locked mostly as a message to anyone else.

No offense to anyone other than those that can't be bothered to follow forum rules.

Les.

Suppose it'll be a bit like "Don't mention the war" with him now when it comes to discounts ;)

Yeah, I see both sides, maybe instead of locking, can we not invite this person to give us some technical info on the cables et cetera, why good or bad, how best they may be used, looked after, what to use with et cetera? everybody likes a bit of self gratification and hopefully any knowledge he has will help others :)

hi i origanally started the thread regarding this winch rope :unsure:

i have nothing to do with the seller of euro steel 12 strand other than now being a customer of his :blink:

i did not tell the seller that i had put a post on this forum , or any other for that matter , but im sure he monitors many 4x4 related forums , seeing if any one is mentioning his wares .

as for the quality of the product i can not comment just yet as i only put the cheaque in the post yester day , but will let you all know my opinion once fitted and used :)

the only thing i will say in his defence is that he has answered all the questions i asked and in a very short time , and has been very forcoming with answeres , he is of course going to brag it up as he sells it , but time will tell if its any good ,

regards

Dafydd (nothing to do with euro steel :D )

Sorry if it looks like a direct reaction to his reply. It was meant to be for anyone that abuses forum rules.

More and more people are using this website to make a few quid under the guise of a private seller, when that's not always the case. Even though the 20-post rule is right at the top of the classified section - it seems that it's invisible to a lot of people. The thread is locked mostly as a message to anyone else.

No offense to anyone other than those that can't be bothered to follow forum rules.

Les.

So do you agree with me or not Les? If so can you please unlock the post.

What's the point of locking to prove a point to other people if the thread isn't a problem :blink: . Fine example that is to prove to other people.

Cheers

Foe whats its worth I actaully disagree :P

1. They are the rules,

2. Like them or not them the rules were / are made for all our benefits for simple reasons,

ie keep the forum friendly, aviods advertisers spam and people who just wnat to extract money out of us with no input, and even if you do want to sell things then fine, once you have contributed to the forum (and contributed doesn't mean flooging everything as a trader close trader or big time private indivual who says their not a trader)

3. How many people would come on like this bloke, spam, or close to, this was the ONLT post and yes it was related to a post by a member, but A. It was against the rules B. it was the only post C. Is this and other people who joing and spam post sell, ever going to add to the forum ?

4. RT has had some grief re deleteing posts and the stick he got, of those "1st post for salers" how many are here now contributing and posting on the forum ?... F em I say, OR maybe we change the rules to say they can for a £10 Paypal sub to the forum, ? Bet that would stop it. RT and Les are only enforcing the rules, why should there be exceptions, 20 posts 'aint much FFS :blink:

5. I do not wnat a forum littered with SPAM, junk posts, adverts (however disguised) or with anyone constantly trying to flog their latest bit of must have tat, leave that to the mags, leave the LR4x4 forum to wehat is is and does best...friendly, knowledgable, valuable info and tech support, ideas, and sharing of knowledge, but free from the above.

6. Thats why the forum has rules, shame people don't read them abide by them, and we should support the mods who keep this site as it is, do a thankless task, and have the rules which we agreed to on sign up, not bleat when they enforce what we would equally be dismayed if they didn't

Rant over, time for a chill pill

(available in handy packs of 10 100 1000 and 10000 PM me for details, part of our range of Cr*p you probably can live without but I want to make money out of you so there.... :lol:

Nige

I don't agree with you Dafydd, but if it's going to start a row, then I'll unlock it to prevent that.

Pinning a message at the top of a forum obviously doesn't work. Your thread question was answered I thought, and as the problem of spammers on here is huge, I took the opportunity to have a dig at those that are too lazy to read the forum rules. A locked thread always attracts more attention - people see it's locked and smell a row/telling off/something naughty anyway - a website version of rubbernecking I suppose, so take a look. Even though Rogue Trooper is mod of the classifieds, spammers are so frequent that others of us also remove them when he's not about.

As for allowing spammers if they pay, I'm not sure how we would work that, unfortunately there are companies that use the guise of a private seller to flog thier wares. While some don't like the 20-post rule, and I sometimes think it's a necessary evil, the majority of users of this site are fine with it. Can't please everybody unfortunately.

As this site gets bigger - associated problems with rule benders/breakers gets worse, sorry if some of you don't like it.

Les.

:lol:

You sensititive little mod you :D

The how about a

"Junk Spam general TUT & Stuff that we can't really be bothered with, cos it causes problems (inc posts for people who can't follow simple 20 post rules), but can't delete it cos it might be rude :P " section on the forum,

...........dump it in there !

Now, that wouldn't be rude would it :lol:

Nige

I don't agree with you Dafydd, but if it's going to start a row, then I'll unlock it to prevent that

hi les , im not trying to start a row either ive learnt loads off this forum , but i dont understand what it is you dont agree with me on ?

i am NOT assosiated with euro steel in ANY WAY !!!

i do not like people forcing there products on me either ?, i like to choose , i seen the euro steel on ebay and asked if any one had used it heard of it good or bad ,

please delete this post or PM me what it is ive said , and i will happely remove edit this post

never meant to cause upset or offence , i honestly thought it was a simple question relating to a 4X4 product

Dafydd

Jesus Nige, now you are over reacting too :rolleyes:

It's not a private members club, it's an open forum.

Les, in this case I don't think locking the post was necessary. Just politely tell the guy that posting a response is welcomed just don't then turn it into a sales pitch and leave the post unlocked. end of story.

Dafydd post any questions you want, that's what the forum is for.

I'll shut up now as obviously going by Nige's post this is getting out of hand.

Cheers

christ, its getting like celebrity big brother in here, one little thing and everyones throwing a strop... i think locking the post was a bit short sighted, but i agree that the spammers should be banned/ deleted/ shot.

i guess making that particular judgement is going to be a close call, and every now and then someone is going to make a cock-up/ upset someone....

Guest diesel_jim
christ, its getting like celebrity big brother in here, one little thing and everyones throwing a strop...

no, it was a cable, not a strop....... :P

Hat/coat/door...... :ph34r:

Jesus Nige, now you are over reacting too :rolleyes:

It's not a private members club, it's an open forum.

Les, in this case I don't think locking the post was necessary. Just politely tell the guy that posting a response is welcomed just don't then turn it into a sales pitch and leave the post unlocked. end of story.

Dafydd post any questions you want, that's what the forum is for.

I'll shut up now as obviously going by Nige's post this is getting out of hand.

Cheers

I think your just being daft here, as per your PM and my reply.

This is a guy who

posted, sells stuff,

is never going to contribute to this forum long term,

broke the rules,

annoyed the mods,

and caused us to PM each other

post and take views / sides.

Nonsense and stupidity

Why support this bloke over the forum members / rules ?

ENOUGH

Nige