Over reaction on winch rope

SteveG

hi les , im not trying to start a row either ive learnt loads off this forum , but i dont understand what it is you dont agree with me on ?

i am NOT assosiated with euro steel in ANY WAY !!!

i do not like people forcing there products on me either ?, i like to choose , i seen the euro steel on ebay and asked if any one had used it heard of it good or bad ,

please delete this post or PM me what it is ive said , and i will happely remove edit this post

never meant to cause upset or offence , i honestly thought it was a simple question relating to a 4X4 product

Dafydd

Dafydd, you have the wrong end of the stick mate, :) its not you there having a go at its Euro Rope.

Nige had a bad day at work or what ? :) :)

It didnt seem to be a deliberate flouting of the rules and a obvious spam just a observation and a little boast about being proud of his product. Maybe if he sees this post he can give his own view and start posting with out mentioning his products :)

Dafydd, you have the wrong end of the stick mate, :) its not you there having a go at its Euro Rope.

Nige had a bad day at work or what ? :) :)

It didnt seem to be a deliberate flouting of the rules and a obvious spam just a observation and a little boast about being proud of his product. Maybe if he sees this post he can give his own view and start posting with out mentioning his products :)

nowing how forum threads like this tend to put people off only half way through reading it, I doubt he'll stick around which will either be a lose or a gain depending on what people think :unsure:

As this site gets bigger - associated problems with rule benders/breakers gets worse, sorry if some of you don't like it.

Les.

Well I sort of read it like so ..... and wondered if I was on the right site :lol::lol: ....................... perhaps red wine does not aid speed reading :rolleyes:

I can see this from all perspectives and there is merit is what Steve & Les both believe in .............indeed, they both have made very valid and well thought out statements, however, from the administrators point of view I think the correct action has been taken. Sometimes black & white has to be made to prevail over grey. Mr Eruo Rope should see it this way as well ............. if he finds the place to his liking then I am sure he will stay and contribute............ I would certainly welcome knowledge from this area of the industry.

Possibly a group hug is called for at this point :D

Ian

Although it is a fine line between spam and just inforamtive comment and I appreciate how hard it is for the mods to make that call - I think in this case the reaction was OTT.

I agree with the 20 post rule - but it's wrong to slag him off for deliberatly choosing to ignore it. Do you have proof he read and ignored it or is it just an assumption?

Nigel, again its an assumption to say that this chap was not going to make any contribution in future. I think now it's likely he'll not bother coming back so perhaps you were right.

I feel I have a stake in this forum. I want it to be a nice place for us, but also a welcoming place for strangers. If a stranger makes a mistake, they deserve a second chance - not this kind of abuse.

Although the mods etc have resisted the option of our having any say in their appointments - it is still funded by us and should be policed by common consent. I don't want a forum like a police state.

Si

Although the mods etc have resisted the option of our having any say in their appointments

If you all feel that you should vote for the mods, then I would welcome it.

How do you qaulify as an 'owner' of this website.

Monetary outlay

time spent on here

contributions to the tech archive

'valuable' advice on the forums

Not wanting to boast or anything, but I qualify on all counts. We don't acyually sit here Lording it over everone else, sometimes this 'job' can be a real pain in the arse. There's always some ****er whining about something - "my computer won't let me on the forum - so fix the problem for me" s0-and-so has made a post I find offensive. Suspicious posts have to be checked. Geoff ond LR90 watch out for spammers and sometimes have to track them back to where they originate from.

If any of you want my job, and the others are ok with it, then you are welcome, being a forum member is very appealing most of the time.

Les. :)

its all going a bit bonkers now.

No civil wars required IMHO.

voing for mods/etc is very welcome the site needs a mod or two for the Tools/Fab section

no one has resisted any member input in these appointments to my knowledge.

if the existing mods have gone MIA maybe a few more new ones are needed?

Spam is a unfortunate side effect of a popular site, dealing with it isn't so easy,and it is very difficult to please all the people all of the time.

None of the above is for me to decide on I just try and help with others requests/suggestions.

I found my self here as a mod/treasurer after the other place went all odd.

I do hope this is resolved speedily as I dislike ill feeling/disputes as they help no one really.

I know I have come to this thread late but... [sarcasm] Where the hell does it say I have to have 20 posts before I can post about stuff for sale? Someone up there ^^^ said it is pinned at the top of the forum. I can't see it. Is it somewhere stuffed between "Roll up get your stickers here" and "Funding this forum"? Not on MY computer it isn't! [/sarcasm] We regulars all know the rules because: a. we have been here long enough to have seen all this before and b. we have all read the post at the top of the Classifieds forum.

This guy broke the rules, agreed. If, and if seems likely, he did not know he was breaking the rules it would seem reasonable to slap his virtual wrist and ask him not to re-offend. Deleting/modifying his post might be appropriate too. Locking it seems to me to be swear filter is there for a reason in the wind as the offending post is still there, as stated, getting more hits as a result of having been locked and generating curiosity - I liked the term "Rubber necking" :) A little like the BBC banning "Relax" and sending it to 5 weeks at number 1.

Mods/Admin: Please do not take this the wrong way, it is NO critisism of you guys. You have a difficult job to do and we all appreciate what you do for us - even though it goes un-noticed and un-thanked most of the time. There, everyone's boots clean? :P;)

Chris

Top of the Classified section page Chris.

Les.

Ahh, sorry, I did not realise that the post had been moved from the classified section into the international before you locked it. That explanes how he should have seen the rules.

Chris

Although it is a fine line between spam and just inforamtive comment and I appreciate how hard it is for the mods to make that call - I think in this case the reaction was OTT.

I agree with the 20 post rule - but it's wrong to slag him off for deliberatly choosing to ignore it. Do you have proof he read and ignored it or is it just an assumption?

Nigel, again its an assumption to say that this chap was not going to make any contribution in future. I think now it's likely he'll not bother coming back so perhaps you were right.

I feel I have a stake in this forum. I want it to be a nice place for us, but also a welcoming place for strangers. If a stranger makes a mistake, they deserve a second chance - not this kind of abuse.

Although the mods etc have resisted the option of our having any say in their appointments - it is still funded by us and should be policed by common consent. I don't want a forum like a police state.

Si

Nice one Si, managed to slip that one in :lol:

anyway, I think enough is enough, too many people acting like anchors :lol::lol::rolleyes: B)

oh and before people get upset and try to kick me off, it was only an excuse a reference to another recovery item in a humous manner

Ahh, sorry, I did not realise that the post had been moved from the classified section into the international before you locked it. That explanes how he should have seen the rules.

Chris

I didn't think it was, as I thought it was always in the International forum, which posses the problem that Eurorope or whatever his name would not have seen the post about restrictions since he wouldn't have been in the classifieds forum :unsure:

I thought the Euro Ropes reply was very tongue in cheek. :unsure:

I was under the impression this site was created to allow freedom of speech, and that's a 2-way street.

Not only are we allowed to slag products off, surely people can endorse them, just so we can take the mickey later??? :P

Maybe a little Stalinism going on? :ph34r:

I'll get my coat.........

BYYEeeeeeee............. :lol:

stirrer.jpg <<<<industrial sized stirrer