conversion plate's?

hi,

i have a 2.8td isuzu engine with a conversion plate whic i believe fits a V8 range rover gearbox,

is the gearbox this fits the same found in the 90 V8?

and also, would this conversion plate fit onto a standar 2.5td 90 gearbox? if not, could i fit a range rover gear box to a 90? is it a straight swap?

reason being, i have the engine and would like a 90 so im thinking of buying a cheap 90 and fitting engine, but want to see if it can be done first!!!

cheers

James

hi,

i have a 2.8td isuzu engine with a conversion plate whic i believe fits a V8 range rover gearbox,

is the gearbox this fits the same found in the 90 V8?

and also, would this conversion plate fit onto a standar 2.5td 90 gearbox? if not, could i fit a range rover gear box to a 90? is it a straight swap?

reason being, i have the engine and would like a 90 so im thinking of buying a cheap 90 and fitting engine, but want to see if it can be done first!!!

cheers

James

would think it would fit the 90V8 as there is no seperate mounting plate as per the 4 cyl. varients, the gearbox bell housing mounts straight to the engine and should mean it being the same.

If you want to fit it to a 2.5td/200TDi 90 gearbox you will have to get a Series 4 cyl. adapter plate as well to go between the Isuzu adapter plate and the short bell housing. The series 4 cyl. and 200TDi/2.5TD have the same 12 stud circular-ish pattern and hence whey you can fit a LT77 from a 200TDi to a Series engine (or a 200TDi into a 4 cyl. Series). However the bellhousing for a V8 and naturally the receiving V8 engine being sorta oval means you need the Series Adapter plate to make it all line up.

If you can get a bell housing for a V8 or a V8 gearbox, would recommend going down that route as it'll keep it all simple and to what your plate was intended for :)