Ashcroft vs. Frogs island

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I'm converting my 90 to auto Tdi. i want to get the pukka NAS look-a-like center cubby/console unit thing, and not wanting to re-mortgage my house to buy a genuine one, i'm looking towards either Ashcrofts or Frogs island's one.

does anyone know if a) they're the same? B) from the same suppliers? c) is either one of them better than t'other?

Mucho gracias senor's :ph34r:

I'm converting my 90 to auto Tdi. i want to get the pukka NAS look-a-like center cubby/console unit thing, and not wanting to re-mortgage my house to buy a genuine one, i'm looking towards either Ashcrofts or Frogs island's one.

does anyone know if a) they're the same? B) from the same suppliers? c) is either one of them better than t'other?

Frogs Island one looks good but is a pain to fit properly, ive done a few but they took a while to get right,

you also need a disco selector assembly,

I know it didnt work out much cheaper than a Genuine one in the end,

PM Guildford dave for pics & views on his Frogs Island one

Guest diesel_jim

I've already got the disco selector jobbie bit, so that's a problem sorted.

I just wondered if both kits were the same.

thanks for the advice so far.

anyone else? :unsure:

I think the Ashcrofts one is very simerlar but a call to them would confirm that. I've got the Frogs Island one and it is very nice. However, it was a total swine to build and fit. IIRC the genuine NAS ones are now obsolete, Frogs had a 50th Anniversary in when I had the autobox done that had one of their tunnels in after the original was damaged; they just couldn't get a genuine one!

I have the Ashcroft one, not too bad to fit, make sure you get the clasp and hinges, the biggest problem I had is that I have a bulk head so had to cut it down a bit.

As for the Frogs Island one I would think that they are the same, but not seen one.

Peter

Guest diesel_jim

I have the definitive answer now.... direct from Mr Ashcroft himself (bowing down before him....)

either yours or the one from Frogs island 4x4. I was asking on the LR4x4 forum to see which one is best or if your’s is exactly the same as frogs one?

I’m trying to find the closest match to the genuine NAS or 50th anniversary one.

they are the same,

we are now supplying ours assembled at £ 325 + VAT,

this is with the hinge, latch, lock Etc.

you can drop by and have a look at one if you are passing,

Regards

Dave Ashcroft

result! :D