Landrover/Airframe design

ROGUE TROOPER

Oh while I'm bored, I mean, having a quick tea break, Titanium bolts and rivets tend to be used in extreme temperature situation as the exhaust nozzles on PANAVIA Tornado's et cetera and locations that may suffer from severe corrosion between aluminium items due to dissimilar metal corrosion such has in high salt environments in under carriage bays.

Aluminium rivets, ranging from Hiduminium, Duraluminium or bog standard alloy rivets, are used depending on the material grade they are holding together, but depending on what is used will depend if they need to be left in a freezer or heated before use as they will age harden if stored on a shelf.

Stainless Steel solid rivets (Think Green Anodised in MIL applications) are used in naturally stainless steel applications for light heat shields and fire bulkheads, and other locations where more localised strain resistance is required over the alloy rivets.

The Golden Rivet, go down to Pompey and a sailor will show you ;)

The Golden Rivet, go down to Pompey and a sailor will show you ;)

Who's been hanging around sailors too much then? ;)

"Where's this Golden Rivet then, I can't see it?"

"It's definately down there, you just have to bend over a bit further" :o

So whats best for Burmabright!! Plain old Alloy rivets..... but I want to use ****ersunk bolts with nylock nuts (M6ish) to fasten Ali to Ali rather than rivit!

I can get hold of Radar Absorbant Paint, retails at £1000/1L!!!! :o

Birmabright being a good corrosion resisting alloy will resist most salts upto a certain point, they used to make rescue boat hulls out of it during WW2 to be dropped by Maritime Lancaster's. Plated Mild Steel Fasteners that are assembled with a corrosion inhibitor should be little issue, but titanium is optimum for high corrosion environments (but not in your bank managers eye's :) )

Who's been hanging around sailors too much then? ;)

"Where's this Golden Rivet then, I can't see it?"

"It's definately down there, you just have to bend over a bit further" :o

OI we is "ard" us Pompey girls yer know!!!!

From the Pompey girl who married a pongo and went posh and moved to Grannies house in the country!

OI we is "ard" us Pompey girls yer know!!!!

From the Pompey girl who married a pongo and went posh and moved to Grannies house in the country!

You may be interested in Patrick O'Brien's take on Pompey "girls". 'ard isn't innit. "Brutes" he said.