Big up for Adrian Flux

Exmoor Beast

Tried to get the new Disco covered by NFU earlier and they wouldn't do it in Lucys name without speaking to her first. I threatened to drag any woman in off the street to talk to them then thought stuff it.

Called Adrian Flux next (they already insure our mini and the 110), considering the P38 costs a smidgen over £400pa and the old V8 Disco was £380ish I was staggered to find the price for the new modified Discovery

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

£223!!

And thats for commercial use, modifications declared, unlimited miles, personal injury cover, protected fully comp, me and Lucy as named drivers. I had the credit card out in 2 seconds flat before they changed their minds.

hows that for value!

Will :)

they insure my heavily moded motor aswell - couldn't be happier with them...

Tried to get the new Disco covered by NFU earlier and they wouldn't do it in Lucys name without speaking to her first. I threatened to drag any woman in off the street to talk to them then thought stuff it.

Called Adrian Flux next (they already insure our mini and the 110), considering the P38 costs a smidgen over £400pa and the old V8 Disco was £380ish I was staggered to find the price for the new modified Discovery

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

£223!!

And thats for commercial use, modifications declared, unlimited miles, personal injury cover, protected fully comp, me and Lucy as named drivers. I had the credit card out in 2 seconds flat before they changed their minds.

hows that for value!

Will :)

NFU put me off by being the slowest by far to give me a quote, I must've been talking to the woman on the end of the phone for half an hour before I even got a price out of them by which point I had totally lost interest.

AF I filled in their "please call me" thing on their website thinking "yeah, they won't call me back for at least half an hour", 10 seconds later the phone went :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm.... just foned mr flux for a quote on the soon to be purchased disco (not that ive found one yet..) and they came back with £438..... :angry::angry::(

not impressed as the NFU used to charge me about £280 for my defender of similar value........ :)<_<

better call the NFU again.... :rolleyes:

i wouldn't mind but i'm old, sensible and a carefull driver.... ;)

Hmmmm.... just foned mr flux for a quote on the soon to be purchased disco (not that ive found one yet..) and they came back with £438..... :angry::angry::(

not impressed as the NFU used to charge me about £280 for my defender of similar value........ :)<_<

better call the NFU again.... :rolleyes:

i wouldn't mind but i'm old, sensible and a carefull driver.... ;)

I paid £538 TPFT on a 25 YO Series III 109 that's just been restored, valued at £3k and I only just pasted my driving test, what you done to get that bad a quote?!??! :lol:

No idea......... :(:(:angry:

i've got twelve years of claimless insurance history, 65% no claims bonus, rural postcode, no convictions..... :huh:

i thought they'd pay me.... :angry:

oh well, got it down to £370 something from sureterm.... gonna ring the NFU on monday as they did my old defender for £280ish..... :rolleyes:

bloody insurance.... they seam to make it up as they go along.. :rolleyes:

might have to get Exmoor Beast to phone up on my behalf........ ;)

You're right - they must make it up, after all they're all using very similar sums to calculate the risk and most of them are only buying the insurance from some larger company anyway.

I found www.moneysupermarket.com quite handy, they didn't find the cheapest but they found several that were within £40 or so which gives you a good starting point.

Went with the NFU in the end... not the cheapest by a long way (£450) BUT... they only charge £8 admin fees to pay it monthly, unlike some of the others that wanted upto £100 (bigger admin fee + 12.5% interest!!) so actually worked out about the same as the cheaper ones..

don't mind about modifications as long as i don't go too mad with the engine...

...and i like the NFU, i'd rather talk to a nice las in a little office in Uckfield, than be dicked around by a call centre on the other side of the world...

Went with the NFU in the end... not the cheapest by a long way (£450) BUT... they only charge £8 admin fees to pay it monthly, unlike some of the others that wanted upto £100 (bigger admin fee + 12.5% interest!!) so actually worked out about the same as the cheaper ones..

don't mind about modifications as long as i don't go too mad with the engine...

...and i like the NFU, i'd rather talk to a nice las in a little office in Uckfield, than be dicked around by a call centre on the other side of the world...

admn fees??????!??! it would be interesting to get a breakdown of what exaclty is done to justify admin fees. To set up a monthly payment surely is a 2 minute one-off job to input some data into a program???

Got a "personalised" letter from insurers saying my credit card company refused payment for reason(s) unknown. Now anyone with half a brain if they had looked the details printed on the letter, would see the card expiry date was 04/05 (i.e. last year). Nobs, the lot of them :angry: . Returned the letter to them highlighting this point; still awaiting their reply.