5 Speed P38

webbsite

Wel now then.

A friend of mine here in Riyadh has a 6X6 P38 4.6 hunting truck and is having problems with the clutch hydraulics.

Yes I know we have already been told by the dealer that all P38 4.6's are auto. However he sold it back in 1997 and it is definitely a 4.6 with a 5 speed box.

The problem is that the clutch hydraulic cylinders are both leaking and we need to replace them both.

Anyone got any ideas for part numbers??

It seems to be similar to the Jankel design but has a plate on the back stating "RIM Huntsman 6X6".

Regards,

Roger.

By 'both' do you mean the Master and the Slave?(Given the 38A 6x6, 4.6 + Manual box configuration, then 'anything ' is possible).

I'd suggest the slave cylinder off either a diesel engined manual box, or off a 4.0 manual box. I'd also look to the same sources for a master cylinder. The same master and slave cylinders might fit both.

If you think my Source Identification is feasible, then post in the Parts Number Requests Forum, if no-one picks up the request here. Or ask your Dealer to ignore the VIN, and check the part numbers based on just the model type.

HTH

hi

Clutch master cylinder ANR3894

Clutch slave cylinder ANR2967

Flexible hose ANR3344

the information is from LR parts program Microcat and the P38 4.6v8 manual is definitely listed in the options so i think your dealer wasn't really trying very hard.

HTH

matt