Buying a 90

Hey,

From what Ive seen, I think that he uses ebay more of a advertising site. It'd probabily be best, if you were interested in what he has, in calling into him anyway.

You could always do a deal there.

H

Was out with the swindon lot yesterday, and was lucky enough to spend most of the day behind then wheel of a 300tdi 90 Hard top.

Was good to double check I actually want to drive one! Compared to the 206 I have acres of room, the elbow room doesn't bother me in the slightest, didn't notice it strangely. Hardtop visibility was fine even from junctions etc.

all in all, I want one more. (I will get up the part of a lane I failed :P).

spotted (relisted)perfection in 90 today... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-LANDROVER-DEFENDER-2-5-300-TDI-90-COUNTY_W0QQitemZ300375429983QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45efc5535f#ht_1233wt_1165

feel free to bombard me if you see any similar ones for sale.

Was out with the swindon lot yesterday, and was lucky enough to spend most of the day behind then wheel of a 300tdi 90 Hard top.

all in all, I want one more. (I will get up the part of a lane I failed :P).

Hi Ross, was good meeting up with u lot on tuesday. What lane did you have problems with then?

Glad to see your looking at tdi 90s, think they will suit you much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross

This is an Ex SHB hire vehicle!

any suggestion it is not is false beware!

it is just two digits from my original registration

nowt wrong with them but they are not one private owner vehicles and may have had a HARD life

as long as everything has been fixed or replaced then fine.

Right... Anyone feel like having a look at this one with me? :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-LAND-ROVER-90-DEFENDER-300-TDI_W0QQitemZ160389218273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2557f13fe1#ht_500wt_956

Its over near Malvern, a place called Birtsmorten I think. I'm more than happy to drive/pick you up! (within reasonable distance :P)

Ross ask them where else it is advertised and what is the asking price.

Bit far for me to go and look but there are plenty of things you can look at

chassis corrosion/Door Corrosion around frame state of the engine/running gear regarding leaks etc.

rear cross member where it meets the frame rails common rust spot, bulkhead condition.

and what the history service etc shows.

I'l email them right away, although not expecting a reply until tomorrow!

door corrosion - is this easy to spot without taking the door cards off? just a question of looking around the frames?

Bulkhead - top corners/footwells/door pillars, have I missed anything?

I have a word Document of what to look for i copied off the forum a while ago and i have stripped down to bullet points, but cant upload it...

EDIT: Just had a reply... Advertised locally for £4995

Door corrosion should be evident without removing the door cards. Mine practically have no bottom rails left any more.

Take a small hammer :)

Would have said £5k was a bit much, wouldn't be wanting to offer more than the lower end of £4k to £4.5k, and that's if it was in good nick.

But maybe I'm just tight :P