LRS Challenge Dates 2010

GCL

does the tyre size go of sidewall or actuall height ?

id be interested in doing some events but i have 37" boggers that in real terms are only 36" tall

how would i stand ?

This is a very good point as the serocco's are lebeled as 35 but actually come out nearer the 37

This is a very good point as the serocco's are lebeled as 35 but actually come out nearer the 37

exactly

very good point matt

whats that you say

35" limit on your events, that'll nacker dafyd up and a few others :lol:

at least ive kept a set of simex for the few with tyre limits ;)

dan

Dan

In answer to the question of size & markings having spoken with the powers that be, they are going to use a 36" gauge any tyre that fits is ok no matter what the marked size is. Hope this explains the way the reg will be implemented. Be great to see you at these events, places going quickly & limited to 30. :rolleyes:

Simon

exactly

very good point matt

whats that you say

dan

yep will defently knacker me up , not going back to the 34" apart from wreking my wings the grip was great with the fedimas

exactly

very good point matt

whats that you say

dan

Dan please don't call me Matt I get very offended

Barney

:):)

Please remember that Tyres need to be road legal, As in an MOT situation, so no agri tyres Please, what ever magical/ mythical size they may be. :rolleyes:

Still doesn't answer the question though?

So Question

Is the LRS series basing there size restrictions on

1 what is writen on the side of the tire ?

or

2 what the actual physical size of the tire is ?

Oh and correct me if i'm wrong but arn't simex nolonger road legal? or was that someones copy?

So you could let a 38.5" tyre down to 5 psi or so, and it might only measure about 35 inches, so I think it needs clearly defining BEFORE entry or scrutineering,

because I'd be pretty fed up if I'd entered, prepared, loaded, travelled, camped only to find out on the morning of the the event that the organisers were still not clear about the rules they made.

So come on clear up the matter please with plain English answers.

Thanks

Chris

So you could let a 38.5" tyre down to 5 psi or so, and it might only measure about 35 inches, so I think it needs clearly defining BEFORE entry or scrutineering,

because I'd be pretty fed up if I'd entered, prepared, loaded, travelled, camped only to find out on the morning of the the event that the organisers were still not clear about the rules they made.

Thanks

Chris

I thought that using a 36" guage " as stated in above Post" was pritty clear, if ur tyre dont fit through the 36" gap its to big, dosnt matter if u let it down or whatever the size stays more or less the same left to right or am i missing summit?.

Thanks

Chris

the sure way to do this is to measure the diameter horizontally, with a set pressure, and the car fully loaded. It would remove all discussions.

Daan

set presure is difficult as the only way you'd get sort of acurate would be to inflate one to about 30 psi. that would take some time if half your competitors were running 5 si or less.

easyer option is to jack one wheel and messure.

set presure is difficult as the only way you'd get sort of acurate would be to inflate one to about 30 psi. that would take some time if half your competitors were running 5 si or less.

easyer option is to jack one wheel and messure.

Dose the northern challenge have tyre size limits?? and how do you regulate ??