V8 Fan shroud

I've got a 1989 V8 90. The original motor was shot, so I replaced it with a 1997 Discover 3.9.

The motor seems to be an early serpentine type - serpentine belts, but still with distributor.

The 90 originally had a pair of kenlowes, but as the new motor had the viscous fan still attached, I left the viscous on. So it's now running the viscous fan, but without a shroud, which is fine, but I really want a shroud on it.

I seem to recall noticing that the water pump/fan shaft is in a different location to the non serpentine motor (I don't have either the old motor or the shroud to check).

The question - Firstly - is this correct, that the fan is in a different location to the v-belt motor?

And, is there any shroud that will fit? I guess that maybe the anniversary defender might, but imagine that's as rare as rocking horse sh!t. Is a 97 disco shroud likely to fit? (it has the original 90 V8 in at the mo).

Otherwise, I'll go electric fans - though not kenlowe - I think they're awful.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have an ex-Discovery serpentine 3.9 in my Ninety. You are right, the fan is in a different position. The fan cowl from a Defender 50th is what you need, it fits perfectly and is still available from Landrover.

The parts you need are ERR7307 Cowl, ESR3226 Cowl Upper, ESR4588 Bracket (x2), See pdf here for a picture of the parts

Defender50thCowl.pdf

You don't say where in the country you are, but I have a spare of said item in my garage as I have changed over to electric fans. I'm near Gatwick airport.