POL

hi guys

just trying to get all the necessassery parts, equipment and POL ready for the front axle rebuild i'll be doing over xmas hols, just a few questions regarding the inflam that gets involved in this job, the manual quotes sealants, greases, oils and threadlock but i cannot find any specs

therefore apart from swivel housing oil

what grease should i use for the bearings

what sealant should i use when assembling the pin assys (at top and bottom of swivel housing)

what spec loctite do i need to use for attaching swivel ball to casing and stub axle to swivel housing

maybe it would be a good thread for the tech archive if anyone knew the spec of all the oils and greases used thoughout a landrover

cheers for looking

will

Or if your hometown is like my hometown, it's carp for buying anything locally, any Lithium based grease is fine. Thats what LM means on the end of the castrol product.

then you need to get your backside to mole valley at Frome mate-you'll find all sorts of good gear there i get my service oils greases etc from there, cheaper than most places-i.e.: a gallon of oil for servicing from total that i use at mole valley is £17.46p compared to halfords equivalent at £46.00 odd makes a bit of a difference as you can see

Mole Valley Farmers

Standerwick

Frome

Somerset

BA11 2PN