everyones help..........

hi im after some guidence from the regular's of winch challenging,im after a few items and have searched massively but im a little out of touch :huh: im needing......

a front winch motor (8274) thought a bow motor2 to start?

a plasma rope for above (lengh? type? size?)

a ground ancor

brackets for a 2nd alt on a 200tdi def engine

4 waffle boards

all the winching equipment strops,ropes,shackles.

im after the best deal's and the better people to deal with i have cash waiting so thats no prob just wanna get the truck ready,pm me or post with any addvise please thanks paul.

OEC will do you a package with a load of strops, shackles and snatch blocks etc. Worth giving Anton a call and discussing your requirements.

With regard to what to actually buy..... I can recommend the Black Rat snatch block as it has a deeper channel on the pulley and synthetic rope seems to stay in it better. A 'quick-strop' is an absolute necessity for challenging (possibly 2) as they are so much quicker than using shackles and you don't end up with a pile of shackle rings, but no pins at the end of the day...

As always, if you can buy a lot of stuff from one supplier, they will be more willing to do you a bit of a deal. David Bowyer is normally open to discussions when buying more than 1 item...

If you are desperate for it all, then you'll have to buy now, otherwise try to wait till the first show of the year The British Indoor 4x4 Show as there are bound to be show offers and you'll be able to look at what you are buying. It seems to be a bit later than in previous years, but should still be before the majority of events start in 2010...

Also, if you are in a rush to get your truck ready, why not stick with a single alternator arrangement?

Put a bigger alternator on (eg. 100A one from a 300tdi disco with a/c) and uprate the cable. Either run the batteries in parrallel or fit a split charge. Quicker, easier, simpler....

Mark

gwyn lewis - alternator bracket, hes got alternators too.

Winch rope - ruftraks (Andy Thomlinson) - 125ft of 11mm plasma - if i could afford it id be using it, if your on a budget, you can get dyneema cheap off ebay, ive only used mine in one event, seems good for the money.

ground anchor - x-eng / devon 4x4 - x-eng super light, devon 4x4 very strong easily mounted.

waffles - ebay - the get damaged easily and on ebay theyre cheap!

Winch motor - gigglepin - ask them, they have the REAL answers reguarding winch motors as theyve extensively tested them.

Most of the better companies out there will be able to help you with all your needs and the right advice!

I personally would put an xp on single motor 8274!

125 foot of 11mm Marlow rope

Gwyn lewis or west mids 4x4 twin alternator bracket with a Disco alternator.

Ebay for waffles, cheapest place.

Quick strops, shackles, winch sails, strops also available from all good suppliers.

Dan

Winch rope - ruftraks (Andy Thomlinson) - 125ft of 11mm plasma - if i could afford it id be using it, if your on a budget, you can get dyneema cheap off ebay, ive only used mine in one event, seems good for the money.

Be very careful getting "cheap" winch rope of ebay as i have see some snap very quickly... there is probably going to be a time that you will end up with your truck hanging by it and in those situations you dont want to be let down. :unsure:

I consider rope as a consumable and an important bit of kit that needs looking after.

Do you really need 4 waffles and a ground anchor straight off? It all costs money and adds weight / stuff to the vehicle - I tend to work on the theory of not buying stuff until I've been in a situation where it would actually have come in handy.

I'll second the vote for genuine Ruftraks plasma though, it really does take a lot more abuse than the copies.