TI Console Disc Brake Conversion

minivin

But even if it's a 0.5mm offset between bearings, that doesn't cater for the disc being around 2.5mm offset from the middle of the calliper body, I've never had a bearing that badly out of tolerance :blink:

I have - mine was about 3mm out. Not saying it is the problem, just saying check it!

well, went out side, hunched under the wheel arch and the tyre on the side that's complete <harrumph> "can't see any easy datum points". Started to drizzle at that point so thought I had better get the drive flange on the other side and the stub cap and bits fitted before it fills with water. Get the bits on so that it leaves just the caliper and wheel to do and it heeves it down, indoors and good night for tonight :D

Gonna skim the calliper bracket tomorrow as the hassle of stripping bits off to measure up again don't seem that intising at this time :( give it a few weeks and I'll pull the wheel's off and do some basic measurements then, and when something goes "pop" I'll strip the assembly and do complete measurements then. Two days work so far so can't be farce-ed to rest much more time, as I got a motorbike to prep for a hillclimb next month <_<