washer jet wipers

hobson

can anyone recommend a 13 inch wiper with inbuilt washer jet? seen this done on the t'internet and like the idea, especially as my front washer is knackered!

i see they have them on ebay for silly money but i'm sure there'll be a standard fit on some make of car a lot cheaper...

thanks

after a few hours research i found that Peugeots were fitted with a 'spray bar' on the wiper, the part number is: 643861 (Bin A6C5)

going to call my local dealer tomorrow and check prices/availability, am also going to visit my local parts shop and see if they have anything i can knock up, sorry, professionally create!

will let you now how i go.... :)

You could always move the original washer jet and install a second jet in the gromet'd up hole for where the wipers would go if your landy had the steering wheel on the other side.

It's a really simple mod (took me 10mins) and cheap, all you need is a second washer jet, some washer hose and a t-peice. All in all the job was done for less than a tenna.

3754477619_1d857fb4fc_b.jpg

You could always move the original washer jet and install a second jet in the gromet'd up hole for where the wipers would go if your landy had the steering wheel on the other side.

It's a really simple mod (took me 10mins) and cheap, all you need is a second washer jet, some washer hose and a t-peice. All in all the job was done for less than a tenna.

that's what I've done on my 110.

I've got some tubing and bits from my local auto shop and have ordered the proper wiper jets from Vehicle Wiring Products, so if i'm lucky with the post i'll have it all working in the next couple of days.

i didn't go for the inbuilt wiper/jet as they're around £15-20 each, which i thought was too much.

i like the idea of the two sets of jets like Ralph and Gavin, but i also wanted something that will work well when i'm on the motorway, no matter how i've set them up the water gets blown everywhere when above about 40, having the jets on the arm aimed right on the glass should work loads better.

i'll make a photo record and post the results when i've done it (probably be doing it christmas day!)

thanks everyone :)

I've got some tubing and bits from my local auto shop and have ordered the proper wiper jets from Vehicle Wiring Products, so if i'm lucky with the post i'll have it all working in the next couple of days.

i didn't go for the inbuilt wiper/jet as they're around £15-20 each, which i thought was too much.

i like the idea of the two sets of jets like Ralph and Gavin, but i also wanted something that will work well when i'm on the motorway, no matter how i've set them up the water gets blown everywhere when above about 40, having the jets on the arm aimed right on the glass should work loads better.

i'll make a photo record and post the results when i've done it (probably be doing it christmas day!)

thanks everyone :)

my 2 x twin jet work fine on the motorway, if set up to spray on middle area of wiper arc, the airflow will take the fluid up the screen & give the wipers plenty to work with.