Which Brake Caliper ?

I have recently fitted range rover axles to my 90 and have since found that a pair of disco calipers i had do not fit the range rover front wheel/hub assembly.

Basically what i need to find is a pair of caliper that the imperial equivalent of a 11mm bolt and are spaced correctly to fit a RR front wheel/hub assembly.

Would early 110 calipers work?

Ben

A mate of mine's old hybrid had the twin piped callipers on it and one of them on each calliper was blocked off before he got it-still work fine

The AP Lockheed calipers were drilled in such a way that two opposing pistons were fed by each hose. You'd only get full efficiency by internally linking the pots after dismantling the calipers and drilling through. Otherwise there would be no dual circuit in operation

Thanks for the info gents. So would i do best to try and find a RR brake master cylinder then, which would allow twin pipe brakes on the front or fit different single pipe calipers?

Ben

the master cylinder off a rrc wont fit a 90 servo

i've got a disco master cylinder and servo.

but i don't know it can be fitted to a 90

my 90 calipers fitted my 1994 disco axle.

jbs, on 24 December 2009 - 02:29 PM, said:

"A mate of mine's old hybrid had the twin piped callipers on it and one of them on each calliper was blocked off before he got it-still work fine

The AP Lockheed calipers were drilled in such a way that two opposing pistons were fed by each hose. You'd only get full efficiency by internally linking the pots after dismantling the calipers and drilling through. Otherwise there would be no dual circuit in operation"

Ah right i see-thanks