immobiliser problem disco1 300tdi

The Homba

Hi all, brother just got a 1994 disco and was trying to get the central locking to work , was checking fuses and replaced the alarm one the alarm turned on and now it wont turn of or start tryed using key in door and pod but still nothing is there any way to reset alarm or turn off completly.

cheers Iain

Hi all, brother just got a 1994 disco and was trying to get the central locking to work , was checking fuses and replaced the alarm one the alarm turned on and now it wont turn of or start tryed using key in door and pod but still nothing is there any way to reset alarm or turn off completly.

cheers Iain

Iain, I am not familiar with UK Discos but there is a procedure to re-synchronize the alarm using the key fob....make sure you have a good battery in the fob then get yourself a copy of the RAVE CD as it relates to your brothers Discovery, RAVE contains most all the information you need to know about that Discovery.

Search the Forum for where to get a copy of RAVE

I was led to believe that UK alarms can be disabled but this would require Land Rover Test Book or similar software also there is/or was a UK company who would reset your alarm, sorry I can't think of their name right now but if I do i'll post it..

Good Luck

thanks for reply i have the rave cd and tryed what it said but it didnt work i have bypased the imobiliser to get him going but is only temp repare i have come across the "The Definitive Alarm Spider Post" in the tech archive but it says the two button remote does this also work for the one button using AMR4956 bypass plug.

cheers Iain