correct gear oil

wadey

ATF.........BUT mine is one hell of alot better using MTF, as its thicker

I've seen here that many have had greaty success with MTF94 in their manual transmissions. The list I posted is what was in the 1997 Disco Owners Manual.

Todd.

• 2 weeks later...

MTF is causing heaps of confusion and adamant correction from my spanish motor factors, that what I mean is ATF, obviously they have never heard of MTF even after searching on their Computer, so given that it looks like I will have to make do with ATF,

thanks guys!!

By the way I am still struggling to convince my spanish neighbours and freinds (who are self appointed the best gardners on the planet !!)

that my LIME tree is not a LEMON tree and producing unripe mishapen LEMONS.

great people the Spaniards but damn stubborn!

Try and get some MTF 94 as the ATF is totally unsuitable for manual transmission - and was/is one of the main reasons for the Discovery gearboxes failing regularly .

If you go on the Difflock site you can order their EVO 1 or Evo 2 for your Disco - and I can vouch for their effectiveness .May seem a bit expensive but well worth it .

It seems LR originally recommended ATF for their gearboxes to disguise the poor synchromesh .