LR 4x4 Forum Clothing Opportunity

Am i the only one who think's that a tyre tread pattern look's tacky......?

Nope - Makes us look a bit like those old Scrapiron stickers you still see.....the ones with a tyre tread running right over the bodywork.

I also dont like the "x best x tech x far" thing either. It makes no sense to me.

Assuming we DO come up with a logo & catchphrase to suit everybody, I will be in for a fleece in XXL.

The Mk2 looks better, the X needs to be lowercase though i think? TBH even that logo but only with the LR4x4 line and the Independance line would look fine.

I'd be in for a fleece and either a rugby top or poloshirt depending whats available and pricing. Not into hoodys, and tshirts tend to be a bit thin on their own so always end up hidden under another layer. Size L for me.

Nige, I would lose the 'best tech x far bit' if it was me. I think it just makes the logo cluttered.

Pete.

+1 with Pete there. Makes no sense.

Just the LR4x4 and the winch ropes would be fine, unless...

;)

Lovin' it. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Rangeyclippedbw.jpg

Looking much better now Nige (IMHO), maybe combine the 'best'' bit with the 'independence' bit... like:

'The best independent tech forum by far'

or

'The best tech forum by far'

'Where independence counts'  (underneath, at a jaunty spinning newspaper headline kinda angle)

Just my thoughts, oh and I would be up for a couple of items as well, just not decided what yet :)

For my farthing's worth:

the logo is brilliant, best in grey

I think the "best x far", or similar wording clutters things and has been done before, although is clearly the reference to perhaps Land Rover's best slogan

If we do want to make the whole design even less cluttered we might replace "Where independence counts", with just "Independents" - but perhaps this is a pun too far, or a bit too much like a well-known newspaper.

Regards

Richard

I really am not feeling this "Independent Tech" thing. I think it sounds naff, and doesnt roll off the tongue properly for me.

Just to throw another idea out there, instead of the "Best 4 x 4 x Far" theme that we have run with since the word go....can anyone think of a play on words on other well known LR catchphrases, namely "Go Beyond" and "One Life. Live It."

Do we really have to re-iterate that we are an independent forum? I mean, if you are into Land Rovers & forums, then you already know were independent; and if you are the average punter in the street who sees the clothing, do you actually give a toss?

Thinking as I type.....how about a generic LR picture, say a Series as its what non-LR folk would recognise best (something like on Haynes manual branded gear), with just specific key words below. Something like:

www.lr4x4.com

Tech. Travel. Talk

...just better. :(