LR 4x4 Forum Clothing Opportunity

I really am not feeling this "Independent Tech" thing. I think it sounds naff, and doesnt roll off the tongue properly for me.

Completely with you.

... how about ... Something like:

www.lr4x4.com

Tech. Travel. Talk

...just better. :(

Like that. Nice and simple.

I really am not feeling this "Independent Tech" thing. I think it sounds naff, and doesnt roll off the tongue properly for me.

Just to throw another idea out there, instead of the "Best 4 x 4 x Far" theme that we have run with since the word go....can anyone think of a play on words on other well known LR catchphrases, namely "Go Beyond" and "One Life. Live It."

Do we really have to re-iterate that we are an independent forum? I mean, if you are into Land Rovers & forums, then you already know were independent; and if you are the average punter in the street who sees the clothing, do you actually give a toss?

Thinking as I type.....how about a generic LR picture, say a Series as its what non-LR folk would recognise best (something like on Haynes manual branded gear), with just specific key words below. Something like:

www.lr4x4.com

Tech. Travel. Talk

This shows promise. Who's got the crayons?

what about something witty like "ive got a 6 inch lift-i bet thats more then your boyfriend?" or

"lr 4x4-because i wouldnt be seen dead in a suzuki"

or the ever popular

"god dosnt make 4x4's" and on the back "but if he did, it still wouldnt top a land rover" and then LR 4x4 in a carlsberg esq way.

feel free to shoot me down, i just like witty t shirts

As much as I like a witty slogan on a t-shirt, everytime I see one, i cant help thinking it was bought from a market stall from someone that was also selling pegs.

Or put another, more polite way - they dont tend to shout "class."

i think they can look good-if done well. At the end of the day its just an idea!

Just to throw another idea out there, instead of the "Best 4 x 4 x Far" theme that we have run with since the word go....can anyone think of a play on words on other well known LR catchphrases, namely "Go Beyond" and "One Life. Live It."

Do we really have to re-iterate that we are an independent forum? I mean, if you are into Land Rovers & forums, then you already know were independent; and if you are the average punter in the street who sees the clothing, do you actually give a toss?

Thinking as I type.....how about a generic LR picture, say a Series as its what non-LR folk would recognise best (something like on Haynes manual branded gear), with just specific key words below. Something like:

www.lr4x4.com

Tech. Travel. Talk

Nice But incorrect because if you talk on the foruum the Mods closed and delete the post because it is off topic . pretty much the same for travel . So just have to stick with Tech , which with a Webb address is nerdy

At the end of the day its just an idea!

I know! Im not trying to sound like a snob or owt, but you did say:

feel free to shoot me down

....so I did!

No seriously, I dont think witty is in keeping with the "tone" of this forum. Witty shirts are what I would expect from Land Rover Addict. ;)

I know! Im not trying to sound like a snob or owt, but you did say:

....so I did!

No seriously, I dont think witty is in keeping with the "tone" of this forum. Witty shirts are what I would expect from Land Rover Addict. ;)

sorry-my response wasnt ment to sound bitchy! true- i was just thinking what would i like to see on a t shirt if i saw someone wearing one at a DRD. i'll buy whatever goes on there!

Do we 'need' a witty slogan?

I am a fan of just the standard logo as in the forum header. Would look good embroidered in silver too. A simple 'Land Rover' outline above/ behind it wouldn't go amiss either, but I could live without it :P

I agree, I see no need for a witty slogan.

people who know what the site is, will recognise a fellow user, Those who are interested but don't know what the site is, can look us up. Those who aren't interested aren't going to be moved by a slogan.

Pete

Some have made me (and I am sure others) smile and Laugh, but

amongst the madness are some good thoughts, so keep em coming :D

Nige

How about:-

www.lr4x4.com

Nuts & Bolts

www.lr4x4.com

Don't throw a strop!

www.lr4x4.com

250 lbft2 loads of torque (pick your own number or unit, nM2)

www.lr4x4.com

Salvation from the Book of Lies

www.lr4x4.com

How does it work?

I for one like the idea of logo, URL and motto - the marketing Holy Trinity.

Funny (sic) doesn't rock my boat either :huh:

I liked the oval badge, but green is readily associated with LandRovernet. How about a blue oval with silver embroidered LR4x4.com within it might work, then a tag line underneath? Either using the Impact house font or Land Rover's font used in the GO BEYOND strapline?

The forum identity colours are as important as the words etc, and the colour orange has no place here!!

Here's my fumblings. Mix and match, also was thinking of Knowledge not prejudice or Knowledge without prejudice. Knowledge no prejudice was supposed to be a bit like 'no ledge', 'no prejudice'.

post-350-126423921586_thumb.jpg

post-350-126423922838_thumb.jpg

post-350-126423923348_thumb.jpg