ABS and Airbag reset needed

Bishen67

Has anyone in the West Midlands got the equipment to rest my airbag light after i changed the coupling,and interrogate the ABS to find out what item is faulty. I know about the manual flashing light system,but wondered if the airbag light needed sorting then the abs could be checked at the same time.I have been quoted anywhere up to £50 by people i know,but an sure someone would do it for several drinks or somesuch inducement.

Most people who spend thousands on a diagnostic system need to recoup that cost by charging people a fair price to use it so your hope may be in vain. What type of Discovery it is will affect the chances of finding somebody who might be able to do it - the cheap systems like Nanocom don't cover later vehicles.

I understand that ,i am in the trade myself, but just wondered if someone would do it as a "lunchtime job" or as a "foreigner" which is the none pc term usually used.I understand that most forum users would not subscribe to the "give me a drink" method of business, but you never know. Bye the way mine is a 94 300 ES auto,without edc.