Jungle Trekkers In The Snow/Ice

benbenukuk

Ditto, mine are great for digging in around the edge, and cut down to tarmac pretty quickly if you floor the V8 ;) Black/white ice I just take it very very slowly, knowing I have 2.5t pushing me along no matter how slowly I go  :rolleyes:

Unless a tire is heavily siped and soft winter compound it is not going to do well on-road winter, but they should be very good off-road winter. If you cut the inner blocks a bit you should be able to greatly improve the on-road/rock performance though. That being said you're still likely better with a proper winter tire, and just fit chains for off-road.

Drove with my Firestone Destination MT on-highway on slush/snow once, not at all fun. They just float on top providing almost no traction.

Got out yesterday in the snow. Around 40 cm -24C.

One of my friends drives a Pajero with Simex's. Don't know which Trekker model, but they really made an impression. Dug through the snow, but it also seemed as they where able to paddle. Due to the cold the snow was frozen so not slippery.

In deep snow like that I can't think of many better tires, but be careful at speed on highway when you have a thin layer of compressed snow or black ice... on that they'll slide around very very easily.

So called "Snow" tires actually really suck in deep snow, not enough big lugs, they are really designed for ice and very cold tarmac.