fitted coils - can the beeper be silenced easily ?

dooroy

Just fitted coils to my 2001 Td5 - now have a light on ( which I don't mind ) BUT the beeper sounds once I pass 20 mph and is very annoying to say the least .

Don't want to go to main dlr as they can charge what they like - was wondering if there is any way of silencing the beeper ( cut wires etc ????).

Fixing a fault may be different to just resetting the configuration - it is literally a 5 min job (go into SLABS ECU setup, change suspension config from SLS to coils, clear fault codes and back out again) and I find it hard to believe anybody is going to have a minimum charge of £100? :unsure:

I assume the independent systems i.e. Autologic/Rovacom can do it, not sure about Nanocom as that is a lot more basic.

Sorry it was the SRS light that was on - not the ABS .

At the time there were a number of people on the forum having the same problem - those fitting the kits sometimes tapped into the SRS system or disturbed it in some way and put the light on . Only the dealer could put it off and when I asked I was told that it was €95 + VAT just to ' plug it in ' .

I told them when the problem began so I think they had a good idea it would be a quick fix.

Will enquire about this as its clearcut what needs to be done ????????