Would you buy this head?

reb78

my old discovery head looked the same as that when i changed the head gasket (it was blowing at the back like they do), had no choice but to fit it back on at the time as needed to use it, my thoughts were that it wasnt causing a problem before i took it off so should be ok to put it back on again, i drove it for another year without fail and then i sold it but i believe it still driving now,

also in some of the workshop manuals ive seen (not landrover 200tdi) it shows that certain cracks in those areas are ok, depends on there direction and size if i recall corectly,

why was the head removed from its origional eng?

if you had no other option it would be worth a try but i woulnt pay hardly anything for it or you could have it tested but to be honest if your able to your prob better off waiting and getting a good one

Beleive the engine was scrapped for parts as the big ends had gone on it. Seller bought it like that and has never used it. It includes the injectors and glow plugs and he wants £55 for it - might be worth it just for the injectors i suppose, but if the overwhelming feeling was that the head was no good i was going to just get him to post the injectors. I'm not in a rush, i was really only after the injectors to have them as spares and I was just interested in everyones opinions on the state of the head.

It looks cracked to me as well.

If the valve seats are ok then i don't see the problem with that head, i have seen many with fatigue cracks like that and it certainley does not render a head scrap, the injectors are easily worth £55 for 4, that's my opinion anyway :)