Engineer Report Required For Insurance

Where are you? I'd be happy to do an engineers report in return for a forum donation. (Assuming it meets my critical standards of course)

That now is a fantastic offer, thank you - I live in Orkney :D

It is my local NFU agent I'm dealing with, and they're currently speaking with the underwriters to find out what they actually want with regards to this engineers report. It was them who said my local MOT garage can do the report (I have in writing by email) so I guess that's where I'll be going. The quote isn't spectacularly good but it does beat last years price, it's just that Sureterm told me last renewal that they wouldn't do 'any over 25' cover which I could do with, just named drivers - the Defender is currently being used by my parents due to their vehicle being off the road, and the recent snowy/icy weather otherwise would have made them housebound (they live close to the back of beyond!) but only my Dad is currently a named driver. Being 34 with clean licence and full NCB means insurance cost is no longer much of an issue, so I'd like to ensure that any of my family can borrow my Defender if required - I have my R/R P38 and also a Yank MPV for daily drives.

For the actual mods done, from what has been wrote here I can't say there's likely to be a problem as I've just had the MOT done a month ago, so they must've been happy then - not to mention them also doing the previous MOT aswell as minor repairs, so they know the vehicle. Everything was done by the previous owner (except bulkhead removal) and the jobs look to be done well (I work in heavy engineering so have seen a fair bit of shoddy workmanship) - basically just bolt on mods.

Thanks once again for everyones input.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the paper for the engineers report which doesn't look too serious - providing the engineer thinks the same. I've attached a copy for anyone else to see what's involved in it. The defender is booked in for tomorrow so hopefully it will get a clean bill of health - it does seem like an excess of hastle when other insurers don't ask for it, but then again at least the NFU are checking up BEFORE taking my money rather that others who may check up after an incident and then the struggle for payments ensues.

post-5697-126514779244_thumb.jpg

NFU said they needed an engineers report on my Ibex when I fitted the TGV engine. They didn't have any idea what should be on an engineers report though, so I just put a fresh MoT on it (even though it had 6 months to run), and got my MoT inspector to write a letter on headed paper saying the changes were carried out properly and that in his opinion the vehicle was in good order.

Never heard a word back from NFU once I sent that in.

I've got the paper for the engineers report which doesn't look too serious - providing the engineer thinks the same. I've attached a copy for anyone else to see what's involved in it. The defender is booked in for tomorrow so hopefully it will get a clean bill of health - it does seem like an excess of hastle when other insurers don't ask for it, but then again at least the NFU are checking up BEFORE taking my money rather that others who may check up after an incident and then the struggle for payments ensues.