Defender/Series Wings

RPR

Am I correct that Defender and Series wings are more or less interchangeable and that Defnder inner wings will open up the engine bay somewhat ?

"More or less interchangeable" must undoubtedly involve certain restrictions, i.e. "yes, but only up through 1998" or something along those lines? And are they sufficiently interchangeable that I could exchange inner wings for Defender models but keep the Series outer wing skin ?

Cheers,

Am I correct that Defender and Series wings are more or less interchangeable and that Defnder inner wings will open up the engine bay somewhat ?

"More or less interchangeable" must undoubtedly involve certain restrictions, i.e. "yes, but only up through 1998" or something along those lines? And are they sufficiently interchangeable that I could exchange inner wings for Defender models but keep the Series outer wing skin ?

Cheers,

They are interchangble,

As in they will just bolt/rivit together, I've got 2a fronts and outers on 90 tops and inners on my hybrid.

But on a defender the front axle is 70mm further away from the bulkhead than a series so the inner arch might be a bit close to the rear of the tyre.

Ta very much. I don't think the 70mm would really be a problem with the tyres, but it would look a bit silly one side to the next :blink:

The key is the inners creating a bit more room in the engine bay.