Looking for triple battery mounting ideas for 90

martifers

I'm looking for ideas of the best way of mounting / fixing 3 batteries behind my 90 tub bulkhead. Has anyone got any pics of a good method? Want a robust method, wasn't so sure about just bolting support bracketry through the floor when they may end upside down, but people may disagree that that would be fine. What have people done?

Cheers, Tom

I've put a third battery behind the bulk head in my van side, but its in a box that is also attached to the floor and bulkhead.

So the battery fixings go through the box floor and vehicle floor with very large washers on underneath.

I've not rolled my vehicle to test it but I have had it standing on it's nose with no problem of the battery moving or in danger of breaking loose.

Sorry no pics as its all covered in junk at the moment.

Cheers, Zardos. My underseat battery box has been converted to a toolbox, with acess from the side of the seatbox, very usefull! This does mean that they all need to go in the back. Had previusly used an ammo box but can't get all three in there so thought I would box them in neatly behind the bulkhead. Might but a supporting plate underneath floor between the tub rales, then one on top to spread the load. Will see what i can jig up next weekend :)

When I did mine I just put a checkerplate divider behind the bulkhead. One advantage being that I had a second fusebox attached to the bulkhead. The batteries were held in with standard battery straps. I have a picture in my gallery but the battery cover lid and the cover for the fuse box are made of wood! Never got as far as finishing it before some low-life took a liking to my hard work!!

http://http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images§ion=viewimage&img=9214

I'd go military :ph34r: on this one. Get an ffr box out of an ex-mil defender. Get 2 or four batteries in securely. Plus you will get the battery trays framework and clamps and vents to vent the hydrogen outside. You can bin the radio table off the top. Your underseat box has vents built in. If you lob the batteries in the back you may end up with a mess

unless you can guarantee no spils or venting with some sealed spiral wrapped optimas/exides or similar. These will come in a lot smaller and should fit into a large ammo tin.

Pete