My Disco is making eyes at me!

Puffernutter

New to me 1995 Discovery 1 300Tdi.

I trailered it back from Sussex to Wiltshire yesterday and at odd occasions I could see in my mirrors the indicator lights flashing, mostly 3 times, but occasionaly once or twice and on two occasions they just wouldn't stop until I pulled over! :angry:

I wondered if it was the alarm being set off by vibration or the volumetric sensors (if it has them?) but this morning, when starting the Pug 405, parked directly behind it, I had one flash of the indicators! :unsure:

I checked and the doors were still locked, so it wasn't unlocking, but I'm a little concerned about this "random" flashing. I'm guessing it's due to interference somewhere or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Peter

Last February, I was driving down the M5 and folk started to flash me! I saw my hazards were going.

Pulled over and tinkered. The hazard switch was not on, nor anything else I could see. Locking and unlocking the car didn't fix it, nor did stopping and re-starting.

In the end I pulled the fuse (alarm or CLocking fuse I *think* don't quiz me!! - ISTR one fuse caused the alarm siren to sound continuously so I put that back and tried another) and drove the rest of the way without it. When I got there, I put the fuse back in so I could lock the doors... and it didn't start flashing nor has it ever done so since.

I read somewhere it can be caused by a motion sensor in the alarm system tripping when it shouldn't, it apparently resets itself (possibly the same "time-out" as the alarm would ahve anyway when triggered, to stop it going off all night) and, in my case, it never recurred!!

• 1 month later...

I trailered it back from Sussex to Wiltshire yesterday and at odd occasions I could see in my mirrors the indicator lights flashing, mostly 3 times, but occasionaly once or twice and on two occasions they just wouldn't stop until I pulled over! :angry:

I wondered if it was the alarm being set off by vibration or the volumetric sensors (if it has them?) but this morning, when starting the Pug 405, parked directly behind it, I had one flash of the indicators! :unsure:

I checked and the doors were still locked, so it wasn't unlocking, but I'm a little concerned about this "random" flashing. I'm guessing it's due to interference somewhere or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Peter

Peter,

As you drove off the rear door of the Disco swung open!!!! Laura ran after you and tried to slam it shut as you pulled out onto the A21 so I reckon it was only shut on the 'first latch'

AWEM

Cheers

Peter

Peter,

As you drove off the rear door of the Disco swung open!!!! Laura ran after you and tried to slam it shut as you pulled out onto the A21 so I reckon it was only shut on the 'first latch'

AWEM

We had exactly the same behaviour when we trailered our 300 Disco back from where we bought it. Its never done it when being driven just when it was on the trailer. Personally I think it was showing off 'cos it had its wheels up while the other Disco did all the work pulling the trailer :D