109 Prop Lengths?

minivin

was thinking about getting a wide angle prop on the front as the ears are close to touching the flange when on a level sitting, so dunno what it's doing under full articulation but that could explain why the HS UJ's are already shot. Thought I'd get a decent rear prop made as well rather than trust Britpart quality :)

Propshaft Clinic in Bradford are the best place to get custom wide angle yolk props along with an extended slip joint- and they will do you a narrow diameter front prop as well. The prices are competitive and the product is good. They know and love their Landies. If nobody has answered by then, give them a bell in the morning and they will tell you, but the best thing to do is measure it yourself, t-case to pinion flange (he, he...flange) and give them the measurements for what you need. I would be a bit leery of having them made on a calculation before you've the new box in situ and are absolutely sure of the lengths....

Propshaft Clinic in Bradford are the best place to get custom wide angle yolk props along with an extended slip joint- and they will do you a narrow diameter front prop as well. The prices are competitive and the product is good. They know and love their Landies. If nobody has answered by then, give them a bell in the morning and they will tell you, but the best thing to do is measure it yourself, t-case to pinion flange (he, he...flange) and give them the measurements for what you need. I would be a bit leery of having them made on a calculation before you've the new box in situ and are absolutely sure of the lengths....

Cheers Tonk and RPR for the contact, will give them a try :)

Luckily we know the box moves back 108mm since it's the same conversion that Tonk has done, so will have a looksie at prop angles as well just to confirm how much I need and don't need :)

if you're gettin some made then u might aswell get them to put in a longer slip joint too, especially on your front prop

yeah that's what I was thinking after I had posted the last message, being steep now on the front prop it could be the slip joint bottoming or topping out and doing the damage to the UJ. Need to talk with Rogue about his ramp by his garage :)

Ah well, finally went out and did some tests:

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

The two leaf fronts are going from bump stop to bump stop nay problem, which after putting one front wheel up and then the rear wheel up to compress the other front suspension I found that I had from prop flange face to other face an extended length of 25" and a compressed length of 23". Rear came out at 41" both times so it would seem that the rear axle is swinging from side to side depending on tilt one way or the other to keep the length the same.

Only well issue is the front then, and it definately is:

DSCF2005.jpg

Silly angle on the front prop, it didn't seem to be max extended as there was still play in it, but it seemed to be max compressed as there was no play in it which may explain the knackered UJ after very little mileage

As the LT77 conversion is going to move the drive flange 108mm rearwards I noticed a bit of room at the front of the crossmember:

DSCF2007.jpg

and at the rear of the cross member:

DSCF2008.jpg

Got me wondering whether a slightly longer prop could be used once the conversions done to reduce the angle at the diff, double cardon could be an option down at the diff nose

Times a tickin ;)

M and GM.

P.S. no comment on my truck! :)

I know, won't have the LT77 finished and the disc hand brake till mid june on the projected time scales for manufacture at present, will have to see how it pans out