SCOR Comp Safari - Tidworth - 28th Feb 2010

The first round of the SCOR 2010 Safari Championship will be held at the ever popular Sidbury Hill CCDA (cross country driving area) site, near Tidworth.

You can join the club and race on the same day, provided you have an MSA licence. Entry fees are £65 for single driver, or £75 double driven.

For more info, see the SCOR Website

Don't forget, this year you now need Fire proof helmets, mudflaps the size of a garage door a maximum of 10cm off the ground, and tyres from list 5 in the blue book. More details here.

Volunteer marshals are welcome, PM me for details.

• 4 weeks later...

More sticky than damp.

Two county ambulances, one helicopter, a very trashed bowler, two cracked hemets, a spine board, neck brace, much driving around fast and a very busy radio later, we re-opened the course for lap 3. Got a couple of pics, but mostly too busy to stop and snap. I'm sure there will be videos on youtube soon enough.

Saw the shires groups drive past on at the start and end of the day.

Oh, and Mr Barrett decided to wash the car off go for a swim. Pics to follow.

The will be a video of some of the days going on posted on the club website in the next couple of days. I don't think it includes 'the roll' but I'll keep an eye out if it appears on youtube and link to it if/when it does.

I just recieved this through the website from the passenger - good to know they both seem ok.

Hello, Please can you send heartfelt thanks to all involved in your organisation for the treatment, care and help both Shane Penfold and I had following our excursion into flying lessons! It was very very reassuring to see the professionalism and care from all involved, from medics to spectaters and the organistion as a whole.

I would also like to apologise to all the other competitors for the hold up, but they should know that all the systems and processes are there in place for them if needed, and when you are the other side of an accident you will greatly appreciate all help provided by a well organised club.

Finally, I am sorry I cant speak to anyone about this, because I would rather do this on the phone or better still face to face, I cannot stress how greatful we are to the efficiency of your club.

I have got to go to the hospital now to see the Dr (apparently there is something wrong with my back!!)

Thankyou once more

Wil Webster

By the way I dont think we will be racing at Hogmoor but you have not seen the last of us!!

And from another competitor.

I was at the safari today, Sunday. I hope the chap in the burgundy tomcat number 77 wasn't too badly injured. it all looked very worrying, but it seemed to be taken care of very professionally , well done

It's good know we can react effectively in an emergency.

Yep, that would be the roll. I knew it wouldn't take long for it to appear online. Shame about the 'commentary'.

There is a video of the days other events being compiled - soon to be online.

One for you've been framed laugh.gif

perhaps the £250 could go to the Air Ambulance smile.gif

Glad to hear everyone is OK well mostly anyway